Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What I loved today....

I loved sleeping so deeply that I didn't even hear the alarm go off this morning!

I loved waking up to a very sweet note from Randy!

I loved getting a surprise visit from my mom and from my mother in law!

I loved listening to Sophie read the last chapter of her second chapter book!

I loved answering the phone and my Dad wanting to talk to Andrew about the equation for acceleration.....he's been helping him understand some math for his physics class.

I loved the cute little cupcakes from our sweet neighbors!

I loved neighborhood kids running door to door exchanging valentines!

I loved going to the fabric store and watching Sophie delight in the beautiful textures and patterns and FINALLY finding the perfect fabric for her mermaid costume!

I loved sharing lemon pound cake from Starbucks with Lincoln and how he loved it so much he screamed for more!

I loved having a pile of younguns draped all over me while vegging on the couch tonight!

I loved how happy Lydia got when she read her valentine from Daddy!

I loved cutting grilled cheese sandwiches into hearts....and making homemade soup....and melting chocolate kisses on pretzels and pressing M&M's on top just to make a regular day special!

I loved unwrapping candy kisses and realizing that even though the wrappers were different....when you peeled it away....the inside was pretty much the same.  Hmmmm.....

I loved seeing Sophie blush when she saw a certain boy!

I loved hearing Randy tell me about his day and how happy he sounded.

I loved laughing hard when Andrew offered to get his bag he left in the car, he never offers to get anything, when what he REALLY wanted was to get his phone....so he could text a friend! 

I loved how Andrew laughed when he was busted!

I loved that the 4 little ones have all arranged an impromptu sleepover in their rooms and now I would REALLY love it if they would GO TO SLEEP!

I loved that Jackson came crashing into my room to get just one more kiss before bed.

I loved how Audrey snuck down after tuck in to tell me "she loved me sooooo much and goodnight!"

I loved watching the kids go on their annual valentine scavenger hunt and how Jackson is devastated when it is over....not because he wants more gifts....but because he absolutely adores scavenger hunts!

I loved that Randy didn't buy me anything....and I didn't buy him anything....and yet we could care less and we both feel really loved.

And right now I am loving that this day is finally ending and I can close my very sore....very red....very tired eyes and lay my splitting head down and rest my sore throat and aching sinuses and hopefully get a good night sleep!

Hope your day was filled with love

Love,
Kim










2 comments:

  1. Cool post! Dana and I love them all, even the ones that make me cry....I mean Dana get off my Google account & and Jarrod does not cry!

    ReplyDelete