Friday, February 10, 2012

Pondering Passages

This time of year is always a season of reflection.  With the loss of Matthew and the amazing gift of his life coupled with the stunning bounty of Jackson and Lydia's birthday being 5 years.....to the day.....after we lost Matthew....it has become a season of remembrance, celebration, awe, sadness at times....but mostly just reflection.....Who is this Jesus?

As I pondered this week's passage:  Ephesians 1:9-12

 And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.  In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

The phrase that struck me the most was the first.....he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment-to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

Whew!  That is a lot....and it kind of jumps....and runs on.  BUT as I chewed on it this week I saw such truth. 

What is his will?
to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under him.

In answer to the question that raged in my heart 11 years ago.....WHY?  Why my baby?
For his glory.  WHY?  It was part of the redemptive plan for my life.  For my family. To reach others.  WHY?  I will not know until the end the whole story.....but God knows the whole story and there is a reason.  WHY?  because he loves me enough to do what is best....not what is easiest.  WHY?  for his praise and for his glory.

I love pondering.  I love how relevant God's word is to my life.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment