Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Good Read

I like to know what others are reading.  Especially stuff they are enjoying.  These are a few of the books I've read lately that I would say are

Books to Read.....

GIVE THEM grace....Dazzling You Kids With the Love of Jesus.  It is written by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson.  If you have kids or are expecting a child....I would run, not walk, and buy this book.  Read it.  Re-read it.  Soak it up.  Take notes.  I think it is THAT good.  I wish I had read it 14 years ago.

KISSES from KATIE A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption.  This is written by Katie Davis with Beth Clark.  It is the biography of Katie Davis an amazing young woman chasing hard after God.  She writes in a very real and relevant way.  She does not sugar coat the intensity and sacrifice her life has called for but at the same time she relishes in the blessings of being right in the center of God's will.  Reading this book should come with a warning: You will be called to action.  You will have a burden for the needy.  You will realize how blessed you are.  You will long for more.

A DARE TO LIVE FULLY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE one thousand gifts by Ann Voskamp.  The language in this book is beautiful. Very poetic.  The thoughts are provoking.  The call is to abandon yourself to God. 

OVERCOMING DYSLEXIA:A New and Complete Science Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level.  It is written by Sally Shawitz.  It is the best and most research based book I have read on Dyslexia.  This is one I'm going to buy.  I borrowed it from the library...but I need it own it as a reference.  It is comprehensive, instructive, full of ideas and written by a world renowned expert on dyslexia.  If you suspect your child has dyslexia....read this book first!

I'd love if you would comment and let me know what you are reading.  I love book ideas. 





2 comments:

  1. Questioning Evangelism: Engaging Peoples Heart the Way Jesus Did - Randy Newman

    Freedom of Simplicity: Finding Harmony in a Complex World - Richard Foster

    No More Christian Nice Guy: When Being Nice, Instead of Good, Hurts Men, Women and Children - Paul Coughlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to comment that your "Love" post reminded me of "One Thousand Gifts", which is what I'm currently reading.

    Also a really good book I just read is "Adopted for Life" by Russell (I think that's the first name) Moore (I know that's the last name.

    ReplyDelete