Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Loving/Liking Continued......

Today has been one of those days.  I'm a bit tired from a big adventure Andrew, Sophie, and  I went on....I'll blog about that later.  We've been sick so I'm still recouperating from that....plus I have all this emotional junk I've been dealing with.  Sweet little Lincoln had a simple surgical procedure late last week, and HAS to be worn out from that, so he has been fussy today (which happens like NEVER) and I won't even begin to tell you about my trials and tribulations with my sweet Jack a doodle. 

Uhmmm.....mmmm....mmmm.

It has been a LOUD and grumpy day in the Stewart household......and our house is always loud...so when I say loud....I mean L-O-U-D!!!!  Sooooooo........I've still been pondering some of the issues I blogged about last night and mulling over the insight people shared.  THANK YOU!

For a moment the mayhem I call home sweet home is at bay.  Linc is fast asleep, bless his heart.  Jackson has finally bent his will and done his math.  The rascals are all in roomtime...PRAISE THE LORD.....and Mindy (our dog) is off visiting at Mrs. Susan's (the breeder).  So I'm enjoying some calm!!!

I think the Lord is beginning to show me some things.....I especially appreciated Jean and Amber's comments(but they were all good).  This is what I'm thinking.  Love is a CHOICE not a feeling.  So I can CHOOSE to behave lovingly. Which I have not consistently chosen.  Which means I'm not being fake.....I'm choosing to behave in an unnatural way, which is only possible through the Lord. 

I also am realizing that relationships change.  That is not necessarily bad.  In fact it can be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe I AM being judgemental and maybe I'm NOT in this situation.  I honestly don't know.  It did occur to me today that perhaps the Lord is showing me things in this relationship for my protection and as a warning and although it is terribly disappointing it may be his love and protection of me and my family that has allowed this to happen.  I don't know that I will ever fully understand...but I'm beginning to see that just because there is a change in a relationship doesn't mean I have to run in and fix it.  It doesn't mean that I have to bend in unhealthy and uncomfortable ways to please others.  The Lord also clearly tells us to use wisdom and discretion in choosing our friends and I'm relatizing that I may be able to LOVE and still CHOOSE not to be friends in an unhealthy relationship.

Growing up is hard!

Thanks for letting me vent and for sharing your wisdom.  Love ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is guiding you through this. . .so glad you're viewing it as a chance to trust Him and grow from the hurt . . . .

    Praying for God's wisdom--!

    Lookin' up,
    Jean/Sislyn

    ReplyDelete