Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mama and Daddy's New Digs




Saturday we went to Mama and Daddy's new house to celebrate Julia's First Birthday and Daddy's 61st Birthday.  This was our first family gathering at the new house.  It was fun to all be together and create a memory in the "New House"

Mama made a delicious meal!

My favorite thing about the new house is the table:

This table is not just beautiful and huge....it is also made by none other then Mom and Dad's "old neighbor' Dr. Burch.  Yes you would think he was a master woodworker (which he obviously is) but he's actually a doctor at Duke.  He is one very talented dude and this is one fantabulous table.

The BOY'S favorite part of the new house is the pool table with the flat screen.

Holly and I are liking the pool table too....because it is upstairs....right next to the playroom...Which means the Daddy's watch the Kids!

 What is a birthday without Cake?  Holly, my sweet and talented sister in law, is the family Cake maker.  Not only are they always cute.....They are YUMMY!


Randy was so funny....during desert he was trying to get Holly's recipe.  I think he liked the cake!
The table again.....yes it seats 16...and there are 15 of us so we can even have company!  We had a lot of laughs imagining Mom and Dad having breakfast there!  One at each end, sliding things and yelling so they could hear each other :)  Sorry Mom and Dad....but it is a funny visual!


Birthday Presents!  My Baby looks so big next to Holly's Baby!

Nanny loves her grandchildren!
I just might get used to this new place yet!

Sweet Gray!


The Birthday Girl and Boy!


As if the party weren't enough...I even got to "shop" Mama's Garage Sale.  She is getting rid of so much stuff and she wanted me to look through and see if I wanted anything
So I have some new decor for my kitchen:

and a cute cross on my front table:

and THE TWINKIE GIRL hit the jackpot with this cute dressing table:


Thank you Mama and Daddy!
So after "shopping", visiting, eating, and presents, my sister, Stacy, Holly, and I were trying to clean up and do the dishes.  That was an experience.  We didn't know where anything was!  It was interesting to say the least.  But we did have fun guessing where things went and got to nose around Mama's kitchen and it did make it more familiar. 
All was going along smoothly
AND THEN THE TWINKIE BOY ASKED FOR SUNKIST and I SAID NO.....
It was almost bedtime and he had already had chocolate cake.  I told him he could have water....and he went postal!  So after trying time out and other methods of discipline....I finally yelled for Randy and we headed home.  He screamed the entire way home.  Which is now 15 minutes or so.  But he was fine when he got home and got some water and got to bed and I even survived!
It was all in all a fun night!  Looking forward to creating some more memories.
I am blessed to have such a wonderful extended family!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kim, for making some more memories. Your mom and I look forward to many more family gatherings at our new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I was thinking y'all were not going to have a fun ride home that night. Glad he calmed down eventually. Glad we got to see you and hope we can figure out longer evenings together at some point...at least when all the kids are out of the melt down stage!!

    ReplyDelete