Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my Dad's Birthday!
A lot of people that read my blog probably don't know my Dad so I thought I would tell you all a little about him:
1.  Dad is smart.  Like REALLY smart.  He graduated from Duke University with a degree in Chemistry!  I think that is pretty impressive. 
2.  My Dad is an amazing business man.  He has been very successful in the world's eyes.  He makes wise decisions and seems to be naturally gifted in the business area. 
3.  My Dad is frugal.  He hates to waste money.  He loves to save money.  He loves to invest money. 
4.  My Dad is generous.  He likes to give money to things he believes in.  Particularly the church.

5.  My Dad is tough.  Physically and Practically.  Growing up he did not mind at all telling us no.  He did not mind at all letting us face the natural consequences of our choices.  He thought life and natural consequences were a great teacher and NOW I agree :)  I remember one family vacation we went on and Dad gave each of us $20 to spend on souvenirs.  He gave it to us the first day and said that was it for the week.  We could spend it how we chose but when it was gone....it was gone.  So I decided to spend mine about 5 minutes later on the "midway" type games.  Guess what?  I lost my whole $20 in about 5 minutes.  My goody two-shoes brother and sister of course saved theirs for the last day!  I cried, I begged, I pleaded.  Dad could have easily given me more money....but instead he taught me that there are consequences to decisions.  For that I am grateful!  To this day I don't gamble and I don't play midway games :)  My Dad is also STRONG.  He can do bunches of pull-ups...which in case you haven't tried lately are very hard.  He can climb up a rope and touch the ceiling.  He can wow you with all sorts of physical feats.  He's pretty awesome!


6.  My Dad is also rich in grace.  He forgives quickly and completely. 
7.  My Dad is not judgemental he is accepting and loving.
8.  My Dad is a Christian everyday....not just at church.  He has a real relationship with Christ.  I saw how Christ could transform a life through the work he did in my Dad.  My Dad was a Christian my entire life but as a teenager I saw God transform my Dad from a Christian to a disciple.  One who truly seeks to follow Christ daily.
9.  My Dad is a really good Pa.  He makes PaCakes (I don't know the difference in Pa Cakes and Pancakes...but my kids sure do).

10.  My Dad Rocks!

I love you Daddy and hope this year is a Wonderful one for you!

2 comments:

  1. That was a wonderful post Kim. Didn't know Matt was goody two shoes though.

    ReplyDelete