Saturday, January 8, 2011

Our Weekend

We have done our best to avoid team sports since THE BOY was a tot.  We decided that we didn't want to drag all the kiddos, at the crack of dawn, out to the field or court, etc.  We did plenty of that with THE BOY when he was little....BUT THE GIRL REALLY wanted to play....and TWINKIE BOY REALLY WANTED to play....AND THE BOY was playing...and then THE TWO LITTLE GIRLS saw the cheerleader uniforms and decided that they had found their calling!  So....Randy and I reluctantly decided to give it a whirl.  And boy did we jump in with both feet.  So our 3 oldest are playing basketball.  THE BOY for a traveling home school league and THE GIRL and TWINKIE BOY are playing for UPWARDS.  The two little girls are on the same squad (at least that worked out!) and they are both cheering at UPWARDS. 
I must say aside from the MAJOR rush getting out the door this morning....I actually had a great time!  Our girls are cheering with the 2 oldest Williford girls (they have twins too...but they are too young to cheer :) Getting to chat with Amber definitely another highlight of the day!  I don't get to do that enough!

The only problem:
The girls cheered at one gym at the same time THE TWINKIE BOY played basketball at the other gym!  So I had to miss THE TWINKIE BOYS first basketball game ever.  I was sad.  But TWINKIE BOY definitely wanted Daddy there and didn't care if I missed....so he got Daddy!  But next week...he's getting Mommy....because I want to see my boy!
I did get to see THE GIRL play this afternoon and she is quite the basketball player!  This was her first game ever and she did a great job!  She scored two baskets and came REALLY close to making several more.  I was so impressed with her dribbling and hustle.  She is going to be a very good ball player!

THE BABY WAS IN AWE OF THE EXPERIENCE!  SHE LOVES BEING A CHEERLEADER!

THE TWINKIE GIRL IS TOTALLY IN HER ELEMENT

They were all so cute!

They had a great time cheering and hanging out with the other girls.
They both LOVE their coach "Mrs. Ginger"


After the game....we came home and had lunch.  The kids had room time and then THE BOY took them out to play in the backyard.  He did this on his own without being asked.  So Daddy and I had a nice little nap.  What an awesome Big Brother!
After our Nap we vegged and Daddy made blueberry pancakes from scratch with the little ones.

They looked and smelled sooooo good.

I hear they tasted good too....however Daddy and I had a Veggie Omelet made from Egg Whites so I didn't get to taste them first hand.  Maybe another time!

Last Night Was Friday Night Fun....

So...we made homemade pita bread pizzas.  I didn't think it was like the funnest idea ever...but it was cheap and different.  However the kids loved it! 

Each pizza was a little different.  We made them with whole wheat pita bread and turkey pepperoni, and lots of veggies to stay with our healthy eating!

Just goes to show a little thing can be plenty and you don't have to spend a lot to make a memory and enjoy one another!


Ready for Sunday!  I love Sunday!
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Your pizzas look great! It was fun seeing your kids (and y'all) Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete