Sunday, January 30, 2011

True Love

When I think of true love one of the first things that pops in my head is my Granny and Papa.
They are IN LOVE.  They still flirt.  Granny still blushes when Papa says certain things.  Those two are adorable.  They aren't Hollywood.....they aren't rich and famous.....but they are real and their love is real.  It has stood the test of time....that is for sure!


This weekend we celebrated their 65th Wedding Anniversary.  65 Years!  That is a loooonnnngggg time!
This is a picture of them with my Mom (their daughter) and their son.  They had another son also.  He died about 7 1/2 years ago.


They started their family in Ohio and then moved here to North Carolina around 1962ish and Papa and Granny farmed and raised chickens.  They were VERY hard workers and raised their children with a strong work ethic. 

I am so glad that my children have been able to know their great-grandparents and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful example of love and marriage.

What a blessing!  Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. What a tribute this is to Granny & Papa. I'll be sure to share it with them. You're a sweetie! Thanks, Kim!

    ReplyDelete