Sunday, January 23, 2011

Catch Up!

I feel the need to do a week in pictures update.  It's been so long since I've blogged.  However I've been so busy I have only taken 2 pictures this entire week....

Our family has a CrAzY schedule from January through the end of February.  This week alone we had 7 basketball games (8 really....but we could only make it to 7),

3 basketball practices, 1 cheerleading game, 1 cheerleading practice,
7 hours of Odyssey of the Mind,


Speech, Guitar, Co-op, and of course regular school.

I also had a bunch of fun this week....
A Coffee date with Rae and Charity and MY GIRL!  FUN!

A Coffee date with one of my Co-op Mommy friends named Loreen.  It was such a sweet time to visit.  Not only did I get to enjoy visiting with her and get to know her better but she was such a blessing to me. She was so kind to listen and really helped me to sort through some school decisions.  I really treasure her friendship.

A Hot Date with Randy....and the Mangums....and the Cockerham's.  It was fun to get to go out and have a grown up dinner.  These friends are the best.  They keep me in stitches.  I always know when we go out with them I will leave laughing and smiling.  Mom and Dad kept all the kids overnight....so we came home to an empty house and we woke up this morning and didn't have anyone to get ready for church.  It was so quiet and we had so much time!  We were actually early to church.  I love my kiddos but I also love having time with just Randy.

Then....as if I hadn't had enough fun.... I got to go to see The Lion King with my mom, dad, and sister.  Holly was supposed to go instead of Dad but unfortunately her and her family have been sick this week.  I hate Holly missed it but it was nice hanging out with mom, dad, and Stacy.  We had dinner at Tobacco Road and then went to the show.  The show was fabulous.  We even got to go backstage thanks to Matt (and Stacy) several people from the show workout at my brother Matt's gym and they offered to give us a backstage tour.  It was very cool and the people were so nice.  THANKS MATT and STACY for coordinating that. 

As I was thinking about how busy this season of life is.....I am grateful for a full life......I must admit....I'd prefer a full life to an empty one.  Although I must admit I'm looking forward to the slower pace of life coming in March.

2 comments:

  1. Was a treat for me to get to have some Kim and Stacy time last night. Wish Holly could have joined us. Let's plan another girl's night out soon. Or maybe you "young 'uns would like a night out with Nanny & Pa babysitting! Really enjoyed the show & back stage tour. Like the folks from Lion King!
    Wonderful day watching the kids play b-ball & cheer on Saturday. Sophie was quite the star! And having them spend the night & go to church with us. Great kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom-another girls night out sounds fun! Ya'll let me know when and where and I will do my best to be there!

    ReplyDelete