Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Really Nice Day!

So yesterday ended on a bit of a sour note.....well today was GREAT!  It was so fun having a whole day with no school.....

The kids and I headed out this morning and went to Walmart, the craft store, and the grocery store.  While we were at the grocery store a little lady who was probably around 80 came up and touched my arm and told me she was so envious of me.....I was like "WHY?"  She said because you have all your little one's right at arms reach to hug.  How sweet!  So I hugged her.....and then I hugged them and then I wished I had engaged her in conversation.  What a sweet soul.

So we got home and unloaded and the kids watched a movie and I cooked

Charity's Cheesy Chili for lunch....
YUMMY


Then we did crafts....

We made about 6 "cootie catchers" the girl LOVES them!
We've been playing with them all afternoon!


Then Twinkie boy and I made a "duck tape" wallet!
He got Daddy to give him a dollar and he is one happy boy!

Then I took a nap!
YEAH!

After nap time we all cleaned upstairs!
I don't love cleaning....but I do love my house being clean and I really love everyone helping....


We didn't finish the downstairs.....but at least we got the upstairs!

We had to quit....because I had a coffee date!
Had a great time catching up with my friend and the rest of the crew had fun eating pizza and watching TV and making....more crafts!


Once I got home we made girl "duck tape" wallets for the two little ones! 
Then....BEDTIME!

Twinkie Boy had made beds for his animals....so he got them all in their PJ's and tucked them into bed!
So cute!



My downstairs....is a mess.....paper scraps, dishes, tape....everywhere....but

I Love days like today....
and I am so blessed that I have all these sweet, messy, little rascals at arms reach!  That will not always be the case....so I'm going to do my best to ignore the mess and enjoy them while I can.

Looking forward to cooking and enjoying more family time tomorrow!

Hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Love,
Kim



1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your post! That 80 year old lady is right! How kind that she shared what she was thinking with you! You were both blessed by that encounter. Really we are all blessed by your sharing that encounter. Love you sweet Kim! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete