Thursday, June 30, 2011

This Week's Update in Pictures



What a BUSY week!  We had VBS which I've blogged about and which we ALL enjoyed.....but we had lots of other stuff too....
The Biggest Highlights came for THE GIRL.....she not only got to go with Miss Molly to Miss North Carolina

She was also invited by Aunt Stacy to go to CAROWINDS!  These were both HUGE experiences for THE GIRL and these were both FIRST time experiences for her.  So needless to say she enjoyed her week!  She was up VERY late with Miss NC and she got up EARLY for Carowinds so she was a sleepy little girl!

She also had a checkup this week.  She is growing well......TALL (90%)  Very healthy...praise the Lord! 
Of course we are still at the pool with THE GIRL and swim team but that is wrapping up quickly!

She got her personal best time in her 25 Freestyle this week....22.37 seconds.....I think?!  I am so impressed with how athletic she is....and it's so natural....believe me we have not pressured her.....and she did not get these skills from me....maybe Aunt Stacy or Daddy....but definitely not me!  The Lord has just gifted her athletically.  It's so fun for me to see the young lady she is becoming.
He has also blessed her with sweet friends...
I don't know if she enjoys the swimming or the socializing more....


Mrs. Amber didn't think she had enough kids so she invited THE GIRL and Mrs. Jennifer's GIRL over for a sleepover.  They had fun and are now TOTALLY worn out!

These giggly gaggle of girls sure do brighten up my life!  LOVE THEM!!!!  SO glad to have them in our lives!

Now on to a not so happy note....this has unfortunately not been a great week for TWINKIE BOY.  My sweet, snugly, kind hearted, compassionate little love muffin has been a wreak this week :(  Not sure WHAT is going on.....but whew.....he's been a handful!  One day I'll have some BIG stories to share with his children about his antics.....and this my friend is the week they happened!!!



Do pray for him if you think of him.  He had his feelings hurt this week (which hurt my feelings) and I think as he gets older and his speech problems become less "cute" and more "weird" his feelings may continue to be hurt.  It hurts to see him hurt BUT I still am accountable for how I train him and although my heart understands his feelings and behaviors....I can not allow it just because his feelings have been hurt.  I need wisdom!!!  So I will ask!

On a brighter note....Twinkie Boy and Daddy did get to go see CARS together!  It had to be delayed a few days due to misbehavior....but they did FINALLY make it and TWINKIE LOVED his DADDY TIME!

He also really enjoyed VBS and FISHING!  We went on Saturday to the fishing tournament at church and THE TWINKIE BOY LOVES TO FISH.  Who knew?  We are not fishing people....but he is...and now he has his own rod and he can't wait to go again.  I didn't know he could sit so still.  He fished for 2 hours without moving.....he really enjoyed fishing!

All three little ones had fun on Saturday.

It was fun having just the little ones to focus on while the biggies were off on their adventures.

It was hot, the fish weren't biting, but we had a blast!

In other news....THE BABY also had a checkup this week.  She is growing well and also very healthy.  The doctor did say she wants THE BABY'S speech to be evaluated....ugh!  I HATE APRAXIA......just sayin'.  I knew I was hearing the same speech "mistakes" but they do seem to be milder....ugh....and APRAXIA does run in families.....so it's very likely....I just am TIRED of therapy and now I know that 75% of kids with APRAXIA of SPEECH also have DYSLEXIA.....so triple UGH!  Oh, well I am going to trust....because God does know what he is doing....and he is allowing this for a reason that is for my good, their good, and his glory....Sometimes I just wish things could be EASY!  Oh, well this is not Paradise!
ALSO...
THE BABY has been instructed by the doctor to stop sucking her thumb.  So apparently she stopped.  Who knew that would be so easy.  She keeps telling me, "I'm not sucking my thumb anymore because the doctor told me not too!"  2 days and no thumb.....YEAH!!!
AND....
She has allergies....I just hope not to our dog!  So she is now taking a daily does of Clariton and we are hoping that will do the trick.
FINALLY
I taught THE BABY how to sort silverware and she LOVES her new job!
So Yeah!

TWINKIE GIRL has been a doll.....no excitement.....no news......no updates.....just busy enjoying life.

AND
THE BOY is GROWING TOO FAST
AND
GONE TOO MUCH
AND I MISS HIM!
He had the wonderful opportunity last week to participate in 2 powerful Dramas directed by Legacy Productions
The first All That is Required was the story of young teens and the choices they faced in Nazi Germany
and the second was Trial by Voices which was the story of Joan of Arc.  I was AMAZED at what these kids learned and presented after just 1 week.  It was so good and the message was SOOOOO GREAT..... I cried!

It was difficult to see THE BOY playing a "bad guy"!
Randy and I both commented on how unsettling that was!



The Boy had a blast.....and now is off at Crossroads having yet another great week I am sure!
Can't wait to pick him up tomorrow!!!

As for me...

I have been carting kids all over the universe and busy writing syllabuses for next years school.
AND

 Sweet Daddy Bear is out making money at his jobby-job and going to school (he's getting his masters in business management) and taking care of us.

WHEW....














1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! So sorry about the speech troubles. I thought they were both fine, but I'm no expert! That is so awesome about the thumb. Easiest end to thumb-sucking I've ever heard! Hope we can see y'all soon. Gray was just asking when we're going to your house:) Guess we'll see the kiddos on Saturday at your parents'.

    ReplyDelete