Friday, June 24, 2011

Real

So.....as you know if you stop by here often....I've been enjoying my week of solitude.  If you don't know the back story....I've been home alone all week (at least for 3 hours each morning).  It has been wonderful.  I have cleaned....although you couldn't tell if you dropped by.  I have shopped.  I have worked on school stuff.  I have chilled.  Then today I did another thing that I rarely do.  I had coffee with friends during daylight hours.  My sweet friend Kellie invited me and another mutual friend Bev over for a pot of La Vida Dulce.  So we sipped coffee, munched on coffee cake and fruit, prayed, and shared our lives. 

If I'm being honest I was looking forward to hanging out with Kellie and Bev but at the same time I was a tad sad not to have one more block of time alone.  I do tend to be a recluse.  A happy recluse...but still a recluse.  Being close with others that I am not REALLY comfortable with just takes me out of my comfort zone.  I'm okay with being social.  I'm okay with being polite.  I'm okay with being surface.  So I always get nervous when I'm invited to share with people.  HOWEVER......I am so glad now that I went.  I am not going to go into any details but I will say this.  Coffee this morning with these sweet ladies may very well be a day I look back on that was the beginning of a beautiful season of growth and healing.  I tend to cower away from really knowing people and I am glad that they have pursued knowing me.  Not demanded to know me.  Not pretended to know me.  Not wanted to know me.  Not avoided me.....but rather quietly, slowly, patiently pursued truly knowing me. 

I also just want to say thanks to them for being real.  Real is not a blog post that shows a snapshot of one event.  Real is not a picture that catches a moment in time.  Real is rare.  Real is difficult.  Real is sometimes uncomfortable.  Real is sometimes ugly but always beautiful to me.  More then being real thank you for letting me risk being really real with you and loving me anyway.  I love you ladies and I appreciate your vulnerability.  Unsure of where the journey will lead but excited to be on it with you girls!

Love,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Sweet friend, thank YOU for lavishly giving the gift of your time! I remember when my kiddos were small .... giving up a morning to be alone was a serious sacrifice.

    I SO enjoyed this morning. Your gentle spirit encourages me, and reminds me to listen to His calling and to not be afraid to go "real". I truly believe (although I don't always act upon my belief) when we are courageous enough to share our lives with each other we honor Jesus, who knows the all of who we are...and condescends to us anyway. What's more - He picks up our prices, heals us and makes us NEW!....and we get the privilege to tell others about it. There is nothing more REAL (or more exciting!) than that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete