Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Slow. Down. Summer.....

Okay I blogged back in mid May about all my big summer plans and now I am one month into the summer and it is time to see how exactly these plans are going......WELL....they are going....okay...sort of....

First What I have done:
I have gone on vacation and chilled and put my feet in the ocean and read.....but only 3/4 of one book.  I am not making good progress on my summer reading list!

We have gone to Mapleview Farm and had ice cream.  We have had several cookouts with friends and family and neighbors.  We have LIVED at the pool.  We have hung out with friends and extended family...although not enough!  We have stayed up late and caught fireflies.  I have taught the three little ones their address.  I have continued on with THE GIRLS tutoring....though not as regularly as I had hoped.  We did finish her Math.  We have done VBS, Sports Camp, Swim Team, Durham mission trip, Charlotte 24.  We have played a lot.  We've had story time.  We've done lots of art and gotten lots of sunshine.  I'm about 1/4 way done (maybe) with my school planning.

HOWEVER there is only about a month left in my summer!  I still have a lot to do!!!!!
I still want to paint THE GIRLS Vanity and Bedside Table and Recover her stool.  I still NEED to clean out the Garage.  I MUST finish planning school.  THE BOY must Finish Math.  I still want to go to Pullen park, a drive in movie, THE GIRLS got Camp, THE BOYS got a mission trip to Boston.  The little ones need to learn our phone number.  THE TWINKIE BOY and THE BABY need a new Speech Therapist....pronto!  Which means I need to find one!  I still need to work with THE BABY on writing her name and teach her to swing herself on the swing which=FREEDOM for MOMMY!  I want to teach her to sort silverware and fold towels properly which=help with the house this fall when life is really crazy.  I REALLY want to at least START working with TWINKIE GIRL on her reading.  She is so eager and ready.  I also want to teach her to tie her shoes and her and TWINKIE BOY to ride their bikes without training wheels because I'll never find time to do it this fall!  And I want THE TWINKS to take out trash and load the dishwasher this fall so I MUST teach them how this summer! 

Let's see....I also have not cross stitched one. single. stitch.  I knew that was a stretch.....but I do so love to....maybe I'll find time.....I KNOW I'm still dreaming!!!!

THE BOY has done A LOT this summer.  He's been gone most of it!  So after this week we have him home and swim team will be wrapping up so he MUST finish up his Math and help out around the house a bit.....CUT THE GRASS, Read a little, Practice guitar AND HANG OUT WITH HIS OLD MAMA because I MISS HIM!!!!

As for Randy and I....we still haven't had an alone date....we always double date....but hopefully we can sneak away and I still am hoping we can get away for our anniversary....we shall see!

Also.....Randy and TWINKIE BOY and THE BOY have done fun one on one stuff.  (TWINKIE-CARS 2 with just Daddy) (THE BOY Paint Ball with just Daddy).  I haven't done one on one anything with anyone.  So I need to get on the ball!  Randy still hopes to do a one on one date with each of the girls before the month is out.....so we need to get BUSY!

WHEW....I LOVE MY SUMMER....BUT IT IS GOING TOOOOOOOOO FAST!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, and it is a great stress reliever. After writing everything down, I find I have more time to do what I need to do, but unlike you, I don't have small children anymore. You're doing a great job. It will all get done..one day at a time with the Master's hand guiding you.

    ReplyDelete