Thursday, March 20, 2014

Yes! AKA Day 7

It's 10:22 and I have to write something about school.  I can't fail on my challenge during the first week!  My brain is FRIED from a long day at co-op and my heart is full from an evening of listening to several ladies from my church share their hearts and lives.  What a blessing!

I've thought about lots of things to blog about.   How I wish this school year were finished.  How busy co-op days are.  How much I admire mom's who are together enough to dress and get their kids dressed, fed, and out the door to school with homework and lunches at the crack of dawn 5 days a week.  I think that is amazing.  I could write about cool lesson plans I did this week.  The struggle of learning differences....

But the only school related thing on my heart today is my Jackson.  He read Go Dog Go.  Yes he is in second grade.  Yes that is a book kids read in preschool or kindergarten.  BUT my son has NEVER heard this book or read this book before.  It is about 54 pages long and he sat and read it aloud to his tutor today without error.  She got chills all over and had to run and tell me and I am proud.  He is going to read it to me tomorrow.  I'm planning to cry.  I am really, really proud of my boy.  Sure I wish he was reading chapter books like all the other second graders....but he's not.  Yet he is an amazing, fun, wild, awesome, bundle of noise and life and enthusiasm and he read a book today!  My boy read a book!!!

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment