Sunday, March 16, 2014

The B-I-B-L-E .....DAY 3

I've started reading the Bible.  Almost every day.  I like it a lot.  I have read the Bible for years but sporadically in time and in what I was reading.  Kinda like....oh I think I will read this today.  I am becoming a HUGE fan of systematic Bible reading plans.  There is stuff in the Bible that I didn't even know about....if you don't follow a plan....you can miss stuff!


I didn't know Lot was kidnapped and that Abraham pursued him.  I love that Abraham pursued him, just like Christ pursued me!

I didn't know about Dinah being raped, I actually didn't even know about Dinah.....Her brothers and their funny/wise circumcision plan of attack cracked me up.  Gotta love a brother defending his sisters honor!

What else is in there that I don't know?!? 

I can't wait to find out!

I just googled "Read through the Bible in a year" and picked out a plan.  There are TONS.  The one I am doing has an Old Testament reading, a New Testament reading, and one other.....right now Psalms. 

My pastor, Dr. Davis, is always saying that to mature as a Christian we must increase knowledge, from Bible intake and from experience, and this increase in knowledge will lead to an increase in our faith which changes our character and our conformity to Christ which in turn changes our actions....or lifestyle and obedience to Christ.  His book, An Infinite Journey is so good.  He outlines this path in detail in his book.  I am about 1/3 of the way through it.  It is sooooo much information and so full of insight, I am working through it slowly trying to process what I am reading!

Yet the first thing I've taken away is this: I must increase my knowledge which comes from reading the word.  Regularly.  In its entirety. 







No comments:

Post a Comment