Monday, March 24, 2014

Supper Club

We have a Supper Club that meets once a month for dinner at a local (usually) restaurant. It is always full of laughs and fellowship and good food! The only rules are new places, preferably local, haven't been as a group before. We vary the night and time between our schedules. The hardest part is usually scheduling!

PF Chang
While not local....is where the idea was born..I think....so I'll include it on our list. All I can say....Lettuce Wraps.....Must have!
 
 

State Fair
How can you not try out the local cuisine?! We had hot corn on the cob drenched in butter....some of us may have had two....., State's homemade ice cream, Country Ham Biscuits......and lots of other stuff.....it was a yummy trip!


Bull City Brewery and Burger
Good burger I got the Pimento Cheese. I wouldn't go back.....except for the FRIED PICKLES! FANTASTIC! I still think about them some days......I may need to go back soon! Simple/plain atmosphere. Nice outdoor seating.
 

 

Dames Chicken and Waffles
This was a hit! Definitely lived up to the hype. I would recommend reservations. Always hopping and not always open.


 

Pops and The Cupcake Bar
Pops was not my favorite place. It is trendy and you will probably run into people you know. It seemed really loud to me. Friendly wait staff.....Just didn't love the food. It was okay. Most of us chose from the pizza and Chris got an antipasto plate.....but none of us were wild about it. The Cupcake Bar on the other hand....was YUMMY! I got the vanilla cupcake with Buttermilk Almond frosting.....

 
Bone Fish Grille and Wendy's
This doesn't quite fit our criteria....it's not local....but it was new so we did try it. I liked it a lot. Although Randy was a bit distracted by a basketball game on the TV during dinner! I had a Fish Sandwich and homemade chips....It was so good! Debra and Sherri had the fish tacos and both liked them too. Desert in keeping with the chain theme.....Frosty's at Wendy's! We had coupons.






Lily's Pizza and Mad Hatter
Again not my favorite. Most ordered pizza. They do have an extensive specialty pizza menu. I ordered the roasted vegetable salad and did not love it. I've been back since and had the pizza and definitely preferred it to the salad. Nice atmosphere. Great service. We did run and I do mean run....they were closing, into Mad Hatter for dessert. LOVE. Best cakes in town. Even if you have to eat it in the car!

Second Annual Christmas Party at the Mangum's House
This is always fun. We do potluck and a simple gift exchange. It's a nice break from the dining circuit :)
 

 
James Joyce
Did nothing for me. I don't even remember what I ordered and it was one of our more recent stops. It was very Blah....service, atmosphere, food. Definitely would not return.

Elmo's
I hadn't eaten here in years and I must say now I am wondering why! I had a Greek Grilled Cheese Sandwich (and fries....okay AND a KIDS hot fudge sundae) and it WAS FABULOUS! Everyone liked their meal: Omelets, Caesar Wraps, Chicken, Fajitas, Baked Spaghetti......Huge Variety! Also really great service. I like Elmo's and will go back!

I may be leaving some places out......but this is an idea of some of our dinner clubs.......now to decide where to go next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment