Saturday, March 15, 2014

This weeks Lesson AKA Day 2

I learned today that YouTube videos are very helpful when you want to save money and fix stuff yourself.  I spent about 45 minutes fixing our broken vacuum, all by myself!  It didn't cost anything and now it runs like brand new.  I kept hearing about people checking out You Tube videos for home repair stuff and decided I'd rather fix my vacuum then pay someone else to do it....or buy a new one!  All it took was a computer, a pair of scissors, a broom, and a hanger.  The duster helped contain the mess. Cha-ching!
 

 


I also learned that laying out clear boundaries and expectations are good....It lightens Mama's load.



It teaches responsibility.

It ends the constant repeating and lectures and guilt.

Why do we run out of  juice pouches or milk boxes or "fun" drinks so quickly.  Why is there trash all over the yard?  Why are there so many dirty cups?  Why are there half-drunk drinks that nobody claims all over the house?  Why did it take me so long to figure this out????


1 glass a day per child and boundaries on the drinks.....they hate it.  I love it!  So much less mess.  So much less waste.  So nice!  When we go out or have a visit or have events I MAY let them have special drinks it is at our discretion.  I love having a system so my answers are not so hit and miss!

Boundaries are good!



Finally, I learned that Jackson may have super-powers!

Sweet picture he made for me.....
 
 

 
Ta-Da you can read it in the mirror!



Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment