Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Not Terribly Great Weight Update!

I kind of have been dreading this post.....

I STILL have not lost 100 pounds.  I quit Weight Watchers, although I still count calories and weigh and read their website and magazine.  I think Weight Watchers is a fantastic program because it doesn't cut out anything, it teaches moderation.  I just quit because I figured I could not lose weight at home rather then pay for it! 

So back in November I took a break.  I was a bit burnt out.  So from November until February I tried to eat sensibly and exercise sensibly (I had REALLY injured my left ankle/let from too much running)  and see what happened.  This was also part of the time Randy's Grandma was living with us and so it was hard to get out as much.  I stopped recording my food at this time as well.  I also stopped blogging about it.  So quitting weight watchers, the holidays, not working out as much, no accountability= No weight loss....and a 7 pound weight gain!  YIKES!!!!

So in March I decided it was time to get serious again.....I still don't go to Weight Watchers.....I just want to succeed without having to pay.  I am now recording EVERYTHING I eat again.  I'm using My Fitness Pal.  I am doing a lot more cross training.  I was over using the same muscles for running and not doing anything else which I believe is responsible for my injury.  I am still running.....and I am walking....and I am doing Zumba.  I am also doing a lot more core and toning and weights.  I am enjoying the variety.  I like the solitude of my runs and the camaraderie of my Zumba Class! 

I am also using a Fit Bit to track my activity and I like the friendly competition and encouragement it offers as you can compare your steps with your friends.  It helps me remember to MOVE throughout the day.  Little movements do add up! 

So far this month I have lost 2 of the 7 pounds I had gained!  However.....I am always trying to stay motivated and look at how far I have come.....I have still lost 86 pounds!  That is still not too shabby.
 

 
NOW!


 So although I don't love that I had this little bump I am committed to finishing.  I'm also not going to hate my body.  I keep reminding myself this body carried and nurished and gave birth to 6 precious children.  2 of which were twins.  Can we say HUGE!  It has been through 2 C-sections.  It has nursed 5 babies.  So I'm not going to hate my body.



 I then neglected it for a lot of years as I tried to survive with 5 kids under the age of 8.....Starting out with 3 under the age of 13 months!  It was a bit stressful.  So its repair is not going to happen all at once.  I am committed to being healthy.  I am committed to not being overweight.  So I'm going to finish and learn and heal.......No matter how long it takes!

So here is some encouragement for the journey:
  • You loose 86 pounds....one pound at a time.  Keep going!
  • (86 isn't too far from 100.....and I can do this!)
  • NEVER QUIT.  If you stumble get back up. 
  • Work don't wish.
  • It's not about how much you lift or how fast you run.  It's about how long you stick with it!
Still Swimming~and I've just gotten my second wind!
Kim
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Stay in it! You've got the right attitude. You will accomplish your goal. You look phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete