Friday, March 21, 2014

My Nest

I am at this point in motherhood where my kids are still all in the nest.  Yet they are not so little anymore. 
 
Look at my baby girls and Sweet Stella!

 
Seems like yesterday!
 

 
Sweet Jack and Knox

 

 
I can't believe how much they have changed!

What a baby!


They have crossed lives with so many neighbors.

 
They have come and gone but sweet memories remain!


Such sweet childhoods.  Now they are venturing out.

In CARS!  To friends.  Into the neighborhood. 

It is nice and it is sad.  I can no longer control everything.  I can't protect them from the world.  I never really could but now all semblance of protection and control is quickly eroding.  Not only are they out in the world.  The world comes in....through the TV, the radio, the computer, the iPhones, the tablets.  I want to yell....STOP.....but it keeps on.  I set boundaries and I check and I limit...but still.....
I want to push pause.....but I can't find the button.
So I'm trying to be here.  When he's home and wants to talk....I want to listen.  When she's out of her room and board.  I'll help her make cookies.  When they come inside and want to watch a movie or TV I'll sit and snuggle.  They are going to move out one day....and I have a feeling if I blink they'll be gone!  Mission for the day is to get them all in one room at the same time....I'm going to make them pose for a picture!  I have them all in the nest for a season.......but there's a big one about to flew the coop!

1 comment:

  1. Wahhhh!!!! I feel the same way! LOve the pics of your kiddos, they sure grow up quick...

    ReplyDelete