Tuesday, March 25, 2014

UPDATE AKA Day 11

Things are going along rather smoothly around here.

I'm trying to do more hands stuff with Math and I'm also trying to do more of a Unit format with Math.  So all four of the youngest are learning about fractions.  The little three are simply learning parts of a whole, and numerators and denominators, they are comparing fractions with a like denominator.  Sophie is reviewing that and also learning to add and subtract fractions and find a common denominator and how to reduce fractions.  Fractions are hard and not too fun....but using literature like Dayle Ann Dodds Full House and M&M's do make it a little better!



My latest project is turning this beloved, well used, outgrown sandbox into my long wanted, well planned, dreamed for garden.  It is going to be a project!  I'm excited for the end result though!  I'll keep you posted!



It's definitely going to be a process.

We've been playing with Play Doh a lot lately.  Thanks to our sweet neighbor for making us 3 batches!  Thanks Ashley!
 




We've been taking lots of walks.  Audrey loves to help me walk Mindy in the morning and Lydia joined me last night for a 3 and 1/2 mile walk!!! 

She did great.  She even ran a little and we talked a LOT.  She informed me it is only the fourth time she has been alone with me in her whole life!  It was definitely a fun time!  I told her we would have to do it again soon.  She did not complain, or peter out, or ask to turn around.  I was very impressed!

Life's been full of the regular.....Walks, Errands, School, Appointments....The Twinkies had their 8 year old check up!

Jackson-98% in height....86% in weight.....healthy as a horse.
Lydia-48% in height......25% in weight.....healthy as a horse.


Notice the difference in the gown lengths.

Grocery Trips....

 
 


Yes we use that many groceries....every.single.week.

And the extraordinary.....


This picture is extraordinary.....It is the first time Jackson has EVER initiated his own reading of a book for pleasure.  EVER.  Praising the Lord!

Hope you are all having a great week,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment