Saturday, March 31, 2012

Update

So Jack had his checkup.
He was thrilled to not have to get any shots.
I was thrilled that his doctor does not think he needs to be on AD/HD meds
but rather offered some really helpful suggestions for dealing with his frustrations.
Great appointment!

Sophie ended up picking a Lego's set for her prize.  She spent the afternoon putting it together.


We got to go to Mrs. Jan's house for the Odyssey cookout.

It was fun for all the kids to be together again.


We spent a lot of the week getting ready for Audrey's birthday party.

We picked an Easter theme.....because it is after all so close to Easter.



I had so much fun making the decorations.  I made huge paper carnations.  I haven't made these in  years!  It was fun and festive!  I love to make stuff!



I had lots of helpers.


In fact at times.....a little too much help!


We wrapped the silverware up like carrots!  CUTE!  Thank you Pinterist!

 

We had some regular days filled with school, Lincoln, dancing....

And we had one other BIG event...

Andrew's surgery.

Bless his heart.  He has been through the wringer.  Today was a turning point.  He showered!!!
He has also not had any pain medication yet today!!!!
He is on the mend!
He's still not 100 percent.  He is still having to be bandaged.  He is still sleeping a lot.  He still isn't eating much.  However.....today is MUCH better.  He has been a sweet patient.  He actually keeps thanking me!
Which I must say is nice.  He is thanking me for normal things.  He keeps saying: Thanks for taking such good care of me.  You are really nice.  WOW?  All I'm doing is regular stuff like getting him drinks, changing his bandages, bringing him food, getting him his computer, books, remotes....It's really sweet. 
Love that boy!

He also got several sweet cards and visits.  What an encouragement to him.  Thank you!  His guitar teacher, Eddie Stephen (best guitar teacher ever!!!) stopped in yesterday to check on him and even brought him a pack of pics.....how sweet is that?
Friends are a blessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment