Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Moment

So I'm loving the women's Bible Study I am doing right now and Sunday we were watching the video segment and one of the things Beth Moore said really resonated with me.  She was talking about being aware of the opportunities to show mercy as you go.  She was saying that we don't have to go seek out ways but to just be aware throughout the day.  I was very intrigued by this idea....because my days are full and my heart is easily moved so I'm often overwhelmed and don't know what to do.  I have a heart to serve.....yet I often feel I have not got much to offer beyond the confines of my home.  It was cool to start thinking about how it doesn't have to be some big huge thing or some weekly commitment.  It could be a moment.  I just needed to be aware.

So I prayed about it and asked the Lord to show me what he had planned for me and to make me aware.  So it crossed my mind several times throughout the day....which in and of itself is fairly miraculous!  Anyway.....then I realized I better pray that I would know when the mercy moment came....because I am apt to forget, rush, be unobservant....etc.

So yesterday was trucking along....school, Lincoln, changing out closets for spring, an unexpected yet welcomed visit from our cousin TL, clogging.....and then I was rushing to deposit kids.....TL to her house and Lincoln to his mom's work.  It was late......the van was loaded down with my younguns.  I needed to make dinner, do baths, get Andrew to guitar...and it happened.  The Lord provided a moment.  I love how he knows my life.  He knows I have 100 kids...and yet he doesn't say.....oh I don't need you or your plate is too full.  He provides what I can do....right there with my brood.....and not only did I get to be a little part of sharing his love.....my kids did too.  Thank you Lord!

It was inconvenient.  Yet it was no big deal.  It took about 45 minutes.  It involved a 75 year old stranger.  I don't even want to go into the details because to share almost seems to cheapen the sacredness of it at this point....but let me just say....BLESSING.

I was struck.....I asked God to provide this and in less then 24 hours....he did!  I WOULD have missed this moment if I hadn't been involved in this study....because I would have not been aware.  I would have smiled and felt bad....but been on my way.  How many moments have I missed?  I shudder to think.  I am so grateful that the Lord uses his word and faithful teachers to speak into my life.  I just love that I can live my life just doing what needs to be done and the Lord orchestrates the moments to minister without me even having to find them.  He is amazing!

Anxious to see what or who comes across my path today!  Just praying the Lord shows me his plan for my day and keeps me aware enough to not miss it :)

Love,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Cool! My friend and I were just talking about this very thing, as she's trying to figure out how God is calling her to minister outside her home and does not feel called to being part of an organized ministry right now. I'll have to share your experience with her.

    ReplyDelete