Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Fun!


After we got through the morning hustle and chores....we loaded up in the van and headed out for a fun day!
See how happy my kids are when we don't have school!


The occasion is two-fold.....
1.  Tomorrow is Andrew's Birthday and in our house we don't do school on our birthdays....and if you are fortunate enough to have a birthday on Saturday-we don't do school the Friday before...so school was out!
2.  AND tomorrow is Sophie's big Odyssey tournament and we had some last minute errands and wanted to chill and rest before the big day.....so we decided to hit the road...

It was an interesting ride.  We learned upon pulling into the shopping center parking lot that Jackson can lick his armpit.....good to know!




Yes....we are at Build-A-Bear again....the Twinkies scored big bucks for their birthday from Grammy and Pepaw and have been planning how to spend it for weeks....so today was their big shopping day...and Lydia's number one wish....to go back to Build-A-Bear.....I'll show you the rest of her loot later.


My big goal for the day was hair cuts.  All the little ones needed a trim....
Audrey went first!


So pretty!


Sophie got a micro-trim....she's growing her hair out.


Jackson looking sharp!


Then came Lydia.  She announced upon entering the shop that she wanted her hair cut to her chin. 
I was surprised but I was fine with it.
The lady working at the shop said if she really wanted to go short...they thought she had enough to donate to a awesome program similar to Locks of Love but for Children.
It's called Children with Hairloss
"Covering Young Heads to Heal Young Hearts"

The hair has to be at least 8 inches.  She had enough and she donated 9 1/2 inches



We had no idea that she was going to be donating hair today....
She is so happy about it though!
She wanted to call daddy right away.
She proudly told him that she, "sold her hair to help little children that didn't have any."


And I must say she is looking mighty cute with her new angled stacked bob!


Lunch at the food court...
1/2 Chick-fil-A
1/2 Subway


How on earth can I have a 14 year old?
IMPOSSIBLE....I thought it was just yesterday I was dropping him off for preschool at Miss Kim's and next year he'll be in highschool.
Really?

The "almost" birthday boy got a milkshake!


The littles and Sophie traded their toys for ice cream!


On the way out of the mall they wanted to throw a coin into the fountain.
Their mean Mama wouldn't give them any....I am not throwing my money away!
However their sweet big brother was busy handing them each one of his coins....he is sweet....while Sophie, who evidently does have a little Randy in her, went diving into the fountain for money to throw in!  Oh my word....never a dull moment with this crowd!


Lydia's Loot
Thank you Grammy and PePaw!!!!
This is how Lydia spent her birthday money....
Build-A-Bear with a wedding dress, My Little Pony movie, fancy Easter dress, and sparkly puppy purse.....she is a girl after my own heart!


And Jackson aka Randy Jr....
spent all his on a DSLite and Mario Kart Game....and boy oh boy does he love it!
Thank you Grammy and Pepaw!
They had fun shopping!

And are both very pleased with their purchases.


I MUST tell you about my big purchase!  I am sooooo excited.
Sophie needed a winter coat.  I got her one 3 years ago (and it was BIG but she has grown a lot and this year it started getting a bit small.....so she had a great hand me down from a sweet girl in our co-op....and she LOVED it....HOWEVER...she got paint all over it at Odyssey when painting the backdrop and we tried and tried but couldn't get it out...So....I thought I'd go ahead and get her one now with the hope of finding a good deal and thinking if there were anymore cold days she could wear it and then she would be ready for next year.
So she found this one....at JC Penny's today...she loved it....we couldn't find a price tag and it was really nice with a detachable inner fleece.
I figured it would be out of our price range....and it was the only one left....so I tried to prepare Sophie that we probably wouldn't be able to get it.


I had in my mind I would get it if it was less then $30......so we went to the checkout to find out how much it was.....YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE HOW MUCH......it was $2.  Yep.....that is TWO dollars!
I freaked out and bought it...and there aren't anymore....I looked.  I was ready to buy new coats for the whole gang......Oh my word...thank you Lord!
I just love to find a good deal on something we need!


That just made my day!


The rest of the day was filled with Odyssey practice.
Getting the 3 musketeers packed and off to Grammy and Pepaw's
They are spending the night there since we have to leave so early tomorrow.
Making a list of everything we need for Odyssey.
Packing our bags for tomorrow.
and watching the crazy weather....
Tomorrow may be a gully-washer which will make Odyssey even more interesting then usual!

What a fun day for us....and so excited about celebrating my firstborns birthday and my girly girls hard work tomorrow!!!!
It's going to be a great day!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend
AND

GO DUKE!


1 comment:

  1. Such a fun post! Like getting the chance to sit and talk with you for a minute. love Lydia's hair!

    ReplyDelete