Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekly Update

Wow...a week....In ways it seems this last week was a month...and in ways it seems like a moment.  So much happened.....

Sunday evening after church we went to the Labor Day Gathering at church.  It was a small crowd but I really enjoyed getting to hang out and visit.  One of the highlights for everyone was this.....

VERY IMPRESSIVE!
The kids really enjoyed watching the police dog in action!

Monday we hit the books and geared up for school!  My kids were none to happy to be in school on Labor Day but we were taking off school on Tuesday so Mommy could have her birthday off....so they did have school on Monday :)

Twinkie Girl fell out of a wagon while she was trying to climb out at church.  The little boy who was pulling her had stopped and was chatting with some other children and she got up to get out and at the same time he stopped talking and began the ride again which sent Twinkie Girl tumbling.  She hit the floor hard on her arm...and I kept thinking she would be fine and that it wasn't a big deal....but she is still complaining today...and I'm starting to think she may be hurt :/  I may take her to the Orthopedic Dr. tomorrow.....
Anyway...
Tuesday was my Birthday....FUN!
Wendnesday....Cubbies started back so the kids were super syked!
Thursday we were back to Co-op

I don't know how you mom's do this every morning!  I am impressed with you.
Once a week is about all I can swing!
Friday we started school.  Got the call about Granddaddy so I gave the kids the work they could work on and left them with Randy...
and spent the day at Grandma's.
I came home super exhausted....and had a sweet and generous surprise from an unknown person.  Wow!  What an unexpected blessing.
AND
My neighbors had us for dinner!
and not just dinner but Emma Kate and her sweet Mama had planned an impromptu party!

What a sweet idea!
So after baths we went to the neighbors for dinner!

Michele let My Girl help out, which she LOVED!

She even made yummy cupcakes for desert!

What sweet, sweet, neighbors!

The little ones watched a movie....
and the rest of us hung out and talked...

This is Tinkerbell our neighbors dog!
What a great end to such a sad day!
Today I was at RBC dropping the boy off for youth band practice and happened upon some Fire Department festival.
It was awesome!
The kids had a blast!

Looking forward to worship tomorrow.

I think about what I thought this week would hold....and what it actually held and I am reminded again that I am not in control!  I do not hold the future....HE does and he is TRUSTWORTHY and he IS Faithful and he is in control.  I can't think of anyone else I would rather trust!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment