Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The 2:00 AM Blog Post

Yes it is 2:00AM, well 1:56 to be exact, and I am blogging.  I went to bed no problem....and I woke up in a panic.....this is where I struggle.  In the busyness of the day I am okay.  When I am speaking truth and alert I am able to redirect my sometimes fearful thoughts AND.....when I go to bed I am usually so exhausted I don't have time to think or to ponder.......BUT here is my weak spot:  I fall asleep.....and then for whatever reason....a dream, a noise, a needy child, a barking dog, a snoring husband......I wake up.....and if I had enough sleep to count as a nap....I am in TROUBLE.
So I lay and my mind starts to wonder.....
Should I look for a job?  What if Randy never finds a job?  What kind of example are we setting for our kids....neither of us working?  What if we're ruining their lives?  How can I fix this?  How can we make this work?  and the questions start to assault me and fear creeps in and doubt and anger and frustration and I PANIC.

So....I wake up and I cry.  I cry because I'm tired.  I cry because I can't make it better.  I cry because I don't know what to do.  I cry because I'm scared.  I cry because I may indeed be ruining my children's lives.  I cry because I'm weak.  I cry because I feel like a loser.  I feel alone.  I feel I have nothing to give to anyone.....I'm fresh out...and so I cry.  I cry because I have so little faith.

Then....I remember......
God is love.....I worked on this verse all week with my little Cubbie Bear.  TRUTH

Then I remember it is a new day (because it is....technically the AM) so I am due another gift from my Sunshine Box (I'll post more about this later) and so I open a gift and it is a scripture calendar....and I turn to today's Scripture and it says "Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God!  Let Your good spirit lead me on a level path!  TRUTH

Then I turn to my pondering for the week and am reminded afresh..."What we are suffering now is nothing compared with the glory that will be shown in us."  TRUTH

Then I think about how quickly I believe the lies.....I am not a loser I am a child of God dearly loved.  I am not alone...ever....besides my own personal entourage I am also walking around with the Holy Spirit in me!  WOW!  I do have something to give.....I can give love.  I can give encouragement.  I can give time.  I can give a smile.  I can give a pat on the back. 

And then I am reminded....
Randy has worked, for pay, for some portion of almost every week of his unemployment.
He is a hard worker.  He is diligent.  He is smart.  He is gifted. 
This is a season.  A season of painful pruning. 
I don't like it....BUT
We have been blessed by sweet gifts, in ways that are so humbling and so extravagant I can not even begin to tell you.  I am not a shopper, I mean I do enjoy it....but I don't do it....and yet I have been shopping more since Randy was unemployed then I ever went before....because of sweet and generous gift cards given in secret.  UNBELIEVABLE!  I am ashamed that I would worry when the Lord not only has provided but has absolutely spoiled us.

I think part of the problem is I am prideful.  I do not want to accept gifts.  I do not want to be in need.  I want to have it all together.  I want to be self-reliant.  I want to provide for our family...and the Lord is humbling me and teaching me lessons that I need to learn....even though I do not want to learn them.

And now....I'm going to go to bed....or read about Overcoming Dyslexia.....YES I have issues!

Thanks for letting me vent......
And
"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"  my Little TNT's verse this week...

HE IS GOOD.....ALL THE TIME!
Nite!

5 comments:

  1. I love you! Just thinking out loud here, but maybe us kids & family can get together this weekend...Saturday afternoon / Sunday for a picnic or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too! Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you sweet friend...

    I think the BEST example you can give to your kiddos is what you are doing: clinging to God, and to one another, in times of trouble. Big, huge, lessons in that!

    So sorry you are having troubles sleeping at night. Praying tonight will find you sleeping in peace and catching up on rest... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know you that well, but just talking to you the other night at the kids band practice.. I know you have a heart of gold... Your smile makes me want to smile!! Trials and Tribulations why do we have to go through them.. Well to know that GOD is walking right beside you and for you to keep the faith in him. Know that this too will pass and what a testimony you will have to give to others who walk down the same path.. Praying for you daily..

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the beginning of your post am sad for you...,then I begin to borrow your trouble and worry with you about my own (imagined, what if) troubles. But by the end I am thanking God that he is providing for you, feeling confident that he will bring you through this time to the next stage of your life, and trusting that whatever challenges we face, he will take care of us as he is caring for you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete