Thursday, September 29, 2011

Box of Sunshine

You know how life has ups and downs....

The last few months have been downers....not devastating....not my world is falling apart....not woe is me.....but definitely down.

It has been difficult having Randy out of work.  It has been sad having Granddaddy die.  I have had some other family stuff that is not my information to share...but it has been a strain.  I've had some sadness and struggle with THE GIRL and THE TWINKIE BOY's learning issues.  I have been growing into my new role as mom to a full fledged teenager.  It has been a year of change, loss, transition.  Nothing earth shattering but just difficult.

When life is down there is nothing like a box of Sunshine.  I wish everyone had an encourager in their life like Jill Kelly has been to me.  She has consistently built me up.  Not just during the last few months....but really for quite some time.  Always quick to build me up.  Always a kind word on her lips.  Always speaking truth and courage into my life and heart.  Everyone needs a Jill.  She will probably be embarrassed because she has such a gentle and quiet spirit but she is such an amazing person that I think everyone should know!  She knows when I need a good book and is quick to loan me one from her library and she knows when I need a prayer and she prays it and she knows when I need a hug or a note or a kind word and she gives it lavishly and freely.

She even knew I needed a box of Sunshine and she sent it to me.  SWEETEST GIFT EVER!  She wrapped 10 separate gifts and sent a note telling me to open one gift a day....and no cheating (she knows me too well).  I can't even begin to tell you what these gifts meant to me.  They were such kind, nice, thoughtful, encouraging gifts.  What a treasure Jill is.  She is my SUNSHINE!  I hope I can be a sunshine in someones life like she has been to me.  I am so grateful for Jill and have a special place in my heart for her!

Thank you Jill and all you other encourager's.  What a gift you are.  Your notes, your kindnesses, your pats on the back give the boost that I need to keep at it.  The Lord is using you in my life and the lives of so many others.  It is my prayer that I can be that type of person.  One who speaks only to build up another.  I want to be one who speaks truth and kindness and mercy over people.  I am grateful for all those who have done that for me.  Thank you Jill.  You are precious!

Love
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment