Monday, September 19, 2011

The Apple did not Fall Far from the Tree

So.....tonight I was tucking my girl into bed.  She has been wanting me to paint her room for some time...and I just never find time.  So she was busy planning how she wanted it to look.  She then informed me that we would need to take down all her pictures and posters in order to paint.  Then she got really excited...and yelled, "OR WE COULD PAINT REAL CLOSE UP TO THE EDGES...and NOT EVEN PAINT UNDER THEM!"  She was thrilled with her idea!  I think she was hoping if she could save me some time I may bite the bullet and finally paint....

I meanwhile am about to roll off her bed because I am laughing so hard.  Her excitement and her idea brought back a memory of early in our marriage.  One I hadn't thought of in years!


About 10 years ago....I spur of the moment decided Randy and my bedroom needed to be repainted.  I had always hated the peach color of the walls....and thought a nice cheery yellow would look so nice with our blue and white bedspread.  So I ran to Home Depot, bought the paint, and headed home determined to have it finished so I could surprise Randy.  Little did I know what I had gotten myself into.  So I painted and painted and painted.  I like my girl decided to just paint around a few things....like our bed and our dresser.  I thought it was a brilliant idea.....the furniture was heavy....the room was big....nobody would notice.....Randy didn't think my idea was quite so genius!  Oh what a funny memory~  I can't even imagine what the movers thought when we moved out a few years later.....

What a funny memory...I wish I had pictures to go with it!

So....no....the apple most definitely did not fall far from the tree!

1 comment:

  1. So funny...and I can definitely relate to the "nonperfectionist" way of tackling projects!!

    ReplyDelete