Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes today was my birthday!  I must confess....I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY!  I mean you get gifts, cake, cards, friends saying nice stuff.....people sing to you.....what is not to love!

As for age....it really doesn't bother me.  Now that I am 36...YIKES....I must admit that sounds OLD but I still don't feel old.  I wonder when you start to feel old???

I did learn that 36-54 is officially (according to who I don't know....) middle aged.  SO it is now official.....I am middle aged!

So today has been great.  I loved getting all the sweet facebook wishes!  So many sweet, sweet friends and great memories with each wish!  THANK YOU!  I loved getting cards and phone calls and gifts!  I loved spending last night with my parents and siblings celebrating with my SIL Holly, who is also a September baby.

One of the benefits of Randy being home today is that part of his gift to me was the day off!  So I went out this morning and after running a few errands (gas for the car/bank) I went to get my haircut.....now here is the sad part.  I hate it.  I really, really, really HATE my haircut!  I am not picky.  I don't really care that much.  But honestly....I almost cried!  It is MUCH too short.  I asked for it to be to the top of my shoulders and she must have thought that I said to my jaw line :0(  Oh well....hair does grow....but we are getting our family picture for the directory on Saturday....so I don't think it is going to grow fast enough for that.....AND RBC only does directories like every 25 years so......so that is a bummer....not only a bad haircut....but a bad haircut that is going to be memorialized for the next few decades!  And my sweet children assured me when I arrived home that it did look as bad as I thought.....ugh!  Randy....well in his wisdom he refrained from comment....which is comment enough!  However my Twinkie Girl.....she told me I was beautiful.....she is a bit of a brown noser....but it made me feel better :)  LOVE MY TWINKIE GIRL!

So anyway.....after the bad haircut I did a little birthday shopping.  I got a new shirt and some nail polish and some scrapbook paper for my new cricut!!!!!  Which I plan on playing with very soon!  I have wanted one for a long time!

When I got home it was almost time for dance and the kids and Randy were hungry, and I wasn't, so I gave up my dinner of choice and let them decide....and off to Golden Corral we went.  They loved it, which I loved....then we were off.....TWINKIE GIRL had her first dance class...FUN!  She LOVED IT!

We headed back home and Randy surprised me with a cookie cake....on my favorite kind of cookie....white chocolate macadamia nut....YUM YUM!  He even had them write "Happy Birthday Berly"  What a sweet man!

He got 2 smalls so the kids (HE) could have regular chocolate chip!

Then we sat around in the den while Twinkie Boy fixed my hair, The Girl polished my nails...silver sparkle on the toes and pink on the nails, Twinkie Girl rubbed cotton balls on my face....and said it was a massage :) and The Baby rubbed lotion on my hands and arms and said it would help me smell better.  After my lovely spa treatments it was bedtime!

When I came downstairs I logged on FB and I had a message telling me to check my front porch....and my sweet neighbor had left a gift for me!  THANKS MICHELLE!  SO CUTE!

What a great day!

So as I listen to the rain pour and the quietness of my house and read through the sweet notes from friends and reflect on my birthday I am reminded again of how very blessed I am....I may have a really bad hair cut but at least I have friends and family who love me anyway! 
Thanks to all of you for making my day special!!!


Love,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the bad haircut. I got scalped Saturday with my haircut. But like you said it will grow back...maybe not fast enough for the weekend though. Glad you had a good day other than that.

    ReplyDelete