Sunday, September 25, 2011

Twinkie Girl


This has been a big weekend for my little Twinkie Girl.....

She lost her first tooth!  It has been hanging on for about a month.  I get freaked out by loose teeth....so my neighbor Michelle offered to pull it out and Twinkie Girl was thrilled!  Twinkie Boy...not so thrilled.  He wants to loose a tooth too....and he doesn't have any loose teeth.  So he was begging us to "punch him in the face so he could have a loose tooth."  Needless to say we said....NO!

So....I realized that I don't blog much about sweet middle girl.  She is such a sweet girl.  Really delightful.  She informed me last week that she didn't want to be a "twinkie" anymore.  She wants to be her own person!  Awww....sweet girl.  I tried to assure her she is her own person.  She doesn't understand why she can't have her own birthday, her own age, her own class at church....ahhhh....if it's not one thing it is another.  So we made a BIG deal about how she got to loose her own tooth!  No one else lost one except her!  She was VERY happy!
The Two Toothless Wonders

Lydia also REALLY enjoyed having her hair done by Ms. Pam her new favorite!
The way to Lydia's heart is by playing with her hair and she has a new buddy!

So pretty!
Lydia was so proud of her hair-do.  She kept walking around swinging her hair.  Then she would reach back and feel it and make sure it was still fixed.  She begged us to let her sleep with it tonight....so of course we said yes!

Thank You Ms. Pam!
Lydia is also taking dance this year....THANK YOU Grammy and Peepaw!
This Girly Girl LOVES dance!
Now we just have to get Ms. Pam to fix her hair for the recital or teach her mom how!

Other BIG News....
Twinkie Girl is READING!!!!  I'm so excited for her.  It is VERY difficult to be as excited as I want to be because it is VERY painful for THE GIRL that little sis is starting to read with such ease and so little instruction.  So I am REALLY happy for Lydia...and THE BABY is right on her heels and seems to be on the verge of reading.  She's blending sounds.  HOWEVER....TWINKIE BOY....not even close....I am just praying for THE GIRL.  It hurts to see her hurt!
BUT
I am excited and proud of my Sweet Twinkie Girl!
I'm glad she has had a special week.  She is a special one of a kind person...and I LOVE her!


1 comment:

  1. I love that sweetie too! She's so thoughtful and polite, with just the right touch of girl attitude;)

    ReplyDelete