Saturday, July 23, 2011

Weekly Update

Monday I spent most of the day making lesson plans and the kids spent most of the day playing.
THE BABY enjoying a snack and playing dress-up

The girl playing her new favorite game, "Charity"!


Tuesday we had a playdate with some friends from our co-op.  I didn't get any pictures!  But the girls played here and the boys went to our friends house.  So I had 5 girls for the morning and no boys....
The girls played lots of UNO, played outside a little....but ended up getting too hot, had lunch together, and played pretend.  It was a lot of fun!

Wednesday we spent a lot of time in the car.  We dropped my car off to be inspected.  Dropped Randy off to paint.  We took Andrew to the orthodontist.  We picked Randy up from painting.  We picked up my van.  We dropped off my in-laws car for some work.   Randy dropped us off at the house and went to finish his painting job and then had a quick dinner at home and went to church for Wacky Wednesday at Pelican SnoBalls!

We had a great turnout

Unfortunately I didn't allow enough time to enjoy our treats so we were a bit rushed.

Next time.....I'll give us more time to enjoy!

Thursday I went to the grocery store with just THE BABY.  She enjoyed riding in the car shopping cart and helping me with the groceries.  We spent the rest of the day here doing laundry and starting to clean out the school room and get it setup for school which starts in 8 days!!!
THE BOY spent all day Thursday working out in the heat by a fire.....clearing off a job site with my Dad.
It was hot but he came home happy and with a fist full of $$$
He showered, packed, and headed off to his friends for a sleepover.

Friday was a super fun day!
The boy got to spend the entire day from open to close with his buddy at the pool.  It was his friends epitome of a great day....and since his buddy has to start school back this Monday (they homeschool too) his mom let him live his dream day on Friday and THE BOY had the privilege of participating in it and he LOVED it!
THANK YOU Kellie!!!

While The Boy was bumming at the pool.  I got to go to one of my most favorite places on earth....THE HOMESCHOOL GATHERING PLACE!
I was trying to return some items I had purchased for school and decided I didn't need.  I didn't have a receipt and it had been about 1 month so I wasn't sure if they would return the items or not!  Well they did!!! So I purchased a planner and a History Guide I'm going to use at Co-op this year with my credit and left $35 richer!
Whooo-Hoooo!
Then I ran a few errands: Went to the bank (thank you whoever you are :), Went to Target to pick up some things THE BOY was going to need for his mission trip and get a birthday gift for our cousin, and filled up the van with gas.

THE GIRL, THE TWINKIES, and THE BABY spent the afternoon and evening at the lake with Randy's parents and Randy and I were treated to dinner out with some sweet friends.  We had so much fun! 

About 10:00 the whole family was finally all back home and we were frantically packing THE BOY's bags for his mission trip and tucking very tired children into bed.

I finally got to bed around 11:30 and had my alarm set for 4:00.

This morning came early.  I woke up the boy and we headed to church.  We said goodbye and he is off to Boston.  I'm a little sad.  I miss him.  But I am mostly happy because I know he will have fun.  I know he will learn to serve others.  I know he will make memories and I hope he will grow in his walk with the Lord.

I got back home around 5:30 and tried to sleep for a few hours....
The rascals got up and we headed out for cousin TL's Birthday!

TL is Randy's sisters daughter.
She is 5!
Randy and the kids had fun bouncing!

But it was HOT so they got tired out pretty quickly....

and they headed inside which is where they got to do the LIMBO

How low can you go?

The Birthday Girl was all smiles!

The girl of course found the nearest baby and was one happy camper!

She's REALLY into baby's right now!

The decorations were cute!

The cake was adorable!

Everyone had a good time!

As soon as we got home....ROOMTIME....aka NAPTIME for Mommy!
That sums up our week!


1 comment:

  1. awww, sweet Soph! How cute! Too precious. Praying for you guys and missin' you!

    ReplyDelete