Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rainy Days and Monday's Always get me Down

Yesterday was a tough day.  It started out pretty good.  We woke up....we got ready for the day....and we headed out to our friends house.  We arrived at the Williford's around 10:30 and Amber was so generous to let me spend the next couple hours using her cricut to decorate party favors for THE GIRLS upcoming birthday celebration. 

I had fun visiting with Amber and with Kelly and cutting out cute shapes and letters....time got away from me and I finally gathered all my younguns and headed back home.

I was a little surprised to see Randy's car in the driveway...but thought he had come home for a late lunch.....well he hadn't.  He was "laid off due to the economy."  WHEW!  We knew the company he worked for was struggling and we knew this day was coming but it still caught us off guard. 

The rest of the day is sort of a blur.  I canceled some plans I had for today.....I cried a little.....we talked a lot about how to deal with immediate needs.  We talked some to both sets of our parents......we made lunch...and dinner....and tucked kids in.....we vegged........and wondered what we were going to do. I prayed.  I started freaking out as things quieted down around here.....Kim Salmon fb messaged me at just the right time and spoke truth to me that I needed to hear.  I prayed some more.  I FINALLY went to sleep with Randy snoring loudly beside me :)

Today.....I haven't done much other than the necessary.  I have pondered a lot.  This is what I am thinking.  This is a journey....that I would rather not be on.....but it is the one I am on.
I can not control how long the journey is or where it leads but I can control my attitude and I can choose to worry or to trust.  I can choose to badger or encourage.  I can chose to withdraw or relate.  I can choose to look at the fears, worries, what-ifs or dwell on the TRUTH, the possibilities, and the reality of the moment. 
We can be destroyed or we can grow and be strengthened......

Where it ends I have no idea.....BUT
I know this much is true:

1.  God is in control and HE DOES NOT CHANGE!  I not only KNOW this is true.  God allowed me to be reminded of this truth in church on Sunday morning....THANK YOU MARC for bringing God's truth!
2.  God is a wonderful provider and he will provide for us.  He loves us and cares about the details of our life and even though this caught us off guard it did not catch him off guard.
3.  Randy is WONDERFUL.  Randy is an excellent provider and he provides for us in many more ways than simply financially.  He will provide in that way as well....but in the mean time he provides us with lavish love, ample laughter, lots of hugs and kisses and time.  He listens and leads and guides us and provides direction for our family and I couldn't choose a better provider if I got the chance to hand pick one.
4.  God has given us an amazing circle of friends, an unbelievable church family, and precious extended family.  We are loved by so many and prayed for and that support is invaluable.
5.  That we have the ear of God through prayer.  He listens and answers prayer (not always how and when we want) but he does listen and he does answer and our prayers do matter.  So glad to have heard Jared's message in Sunday school Sunday and Shay's message about STANDING last week and to be pondering God's truth in Ephesians this week.  God uses teachers and his word to prepare us in advance for the trials that WILL come.
6.  We were surprised but God wasn't.  God knew this was coming and thank the Lord I had just finished having all the kids checkups and they are all healthy and up to date on their shots!!!!  PRAISE!!!  I believe God orchestrated all this.  THE GIRL has also been delaying her birthday party for 2 months so she could have it at the pool and we had already bought her party stuff and so that is not a stress.  I usually don't buy things ahead...but the Lord knew this was coming and allowed us to be prepared. So now instead of dreading it and stressing about it we can look forward to it and enjoy the celebration she has so patiently been waiting for!  THANK YOU LORD!

Soooooo.......
The Lord brought this verse to mind and this is my prayer
2 Corinthians 4:7-10
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned, struck down, but not destroyed, We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body."

I have all these normal feeling and fears in my flesh.  I am so glad I am also filled with the Holy Spirit inside me so that life and it's blows do not win.  Whatever happens I pray Christ will be glorified. 

I know if this journey is long I will surely have doubts and tough days and forget things that I know are true.  So while they are fresh in my mind I am recording them for the days I need to look back and remember.

What can you do?  Pray.  Let us know of any job leads :)  and just keep on loving us.  We love you guys!  Happy to be on the journey with you!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Thinking about you and praying. Your attitude and faith in all this is amazing. God has given you so much grace for getting through this trial already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all. Check out the city of durham assistant street supervisor job...not ideal but decent starting pay and great benefits...worth a shot i think....will let you know of any others as I hear about them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please know we are praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to pray for yall Kim! I'm always encouraged when I read your blog through your outlook & faith in Jesus. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete