Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Lauden is Dead

I am not a rah-rah shoot em kind of girl.  I must say however.....I did feel a surge of joy and relief upon hearing that the American military had killed the most notorious terrorist of all time. 

I felt pride in the American armed forces as well.

My younger brother, Matt, spent over 6 years of his life serving our country.  18 months of that time was spent overseas in Iraq.  He was also injured by an IED during that time.  He left his family, his wife, and his children in order to serve his country.  To say I am proud of him would be a gross understatement.  To say I am grateful seems inadequate.

However he is not unique in this sacrifice.  Scores of young Americans, including Packy, are willing to literally sacrifice their lives for our country.  So whatever your thoughts on the wars and politics I think we can all agree that our service men and women are sacrificing and are giving up their comforts and their lives in an effort to serve our country.  THANK YOU!

While the very idea of cheering a death, especially that of such evil that most assuredly is burning in hell for eternity, is contrary to my nature.  I did want to cheer....Mission Accomplished.  You got him!  I know this isn't right.....but it is real. I know he is a sinner just like me.  I know that the grace of God can extend even to him.  It is hard for me to get my head around this but His ways are not my ways and his thoughts are not my thoughts.....

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! The evil Ben Laden has been destroyed! Thank you Jesus and thank you our men & women in Armed Forces! God bless America - One Nation, Under God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good words, Kim. I love you. Dad.

    ReplyDelete