Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sweet Sophie

I can not believe My girl is 8 years old!!!  Wow!  What a journey it has been.

The Girl was born EARLY in the morning on a Saturday.  It was the day before Mother's Day.  What a precious gift she has been to me.  I always say she was "my dream come true".  I ALWAYS wanted a little girl.  I was so happy to have my sweet, sweet, Sophie Grace.  Many that know Sophie, and her sweet, gentle, kind, quiet, reserved spirit, would be surprised to find out that she did not start out that way!

Miss Priss was a LOUD, UNHAPPY, TOUCHY, and STRONG WILLED Baby AND TODDLER AND PRESCHOOLER.  She almost did me in.....ALMOST! 

My Papa said...."That girls got spunk"  YES....she most definitely has spunk!

As a baby she screamed about EVERYTHING.  She was almost never happy.  We tried everything.  We have always put our babies down to bed, let them cry themselves to sleep....and they usually cried about 5-10 minutes and proceeded to sleep through the night.  NOT THE GIRL!  SHE would scream for HOURS!  We took her to the doctor.  After observing her behavior and symptoms they were convinced as an 18 month old that she had a rare intestinal problem.  They had to do a simple test on her that involved her lying very still.  HA!  The surgeon had to get 4 nurses to hold this little 18 month old girl down and said he had never seen a girl so loud or so strong or fight so hard.....I was NOT surprised!  I had been living with her for 18 months.  Mercy that girl could pitch a fit!  I cringe just thinking about it.  To make a long story short she did not have the intestinal problem....she was diagnosed as EXTREMELY STRONG WILLED :)  No kidding!

So what happened? I don't know!  I do know we prayed a lot.  I do know that she got older.  I do know that if we drew a line in the sand we would do battle for hours if necessary, and it often was, to win.  She woke up the year she turned 4 and she had changed.  It was like she gave up the fight and she became a delight!  It was an amazing transformation.  I must admit however that I do get nervous thinking about her in the teenage years.....we shall see.

However I think God made her this way for a reason.  Her strong will and fight and determination has served her well in her struggle to learn to read. She works hard.  She gives it everything she has got.  She doesn't quit.  If she had a weaker will she may not stick with it.  My sweet girl still has her spunk it is just more directed these days!

I'm so glad God made Sophie ExAcTlY the way he did!!!!  Happy Birthday Baby!  Sorry this is posted a day late...we were off on an adventure...but better late then never!
I'll post about our adventure later.  Now I'm going to take a nap!


xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Remember how we would rock her to sleep and she would have to have her hand in our shirt or wrapped around that bow on her pink puppy. She was a handful as a baby, but so sweet now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember her throwing fits and dumping games out all over your parents' floor. I remember he throwing fits at your parents because she didn't want to eat. It is really like she was a different child!! She is just so gentle, kind, and sweet!! Gives me hope for Julia when she's screaming at everyone:) Maybe that's why Sophie is so sweet to her--she can relate!! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious Sophie, I have enjoyed getting to know you in the nursery, and then AWANAS! What a sweet spirit you have. God has great things in store for you, His child! I look forward to watching you grow in the Lord in the years to come. I love you my sweet little girlfriend!
    Love, "Mrs. Robin"

    ReplyDelete