Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle Rules the World

Mama's......

I am blessed to have an AMAZING Mama.  She has literally poured out her life in service and sacrifice and love.  She not only has given us her very life and INVESTED all she has into us but she has done it with a sweet spirit of love.  She acts like there is nothing she would rather do.  I know she has given up a lot to give us all that she is.....and to say I am grateful seems painfully weak and inadequate.  But I am grateful.  I'm grateful for the tender love and guidance she gave me as a young child.  I am thankful for the discipline and tough love she gave me, never wavering on right and wrong.  I am thankful that she had high standards and required much of us.  I am thankful that she allowed me to be imperfect and loved me anyway. I am thankful for the way she has loved and accepted Randy and Holly into our family and made them feel equal and included and valued.   I am thankful that she is my example of a mom.  I am thankful that when life was hard she was brave and strong and trusted in the Lord and walked through the valley with him.  I am thankful that she has become one of my closest friends and that she is the grandmother to my children.  I hope I can be half the mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother that she is.   She is one of the sweetest blessings of my life and I adore her!



I am also blessed with a loving Mother-in-law.  Ruth has accepted me into their family.  She has let me be the wife to Randy and the mom to our children and has respected and encouraged me in my role.  She has let us lead our own lives and has been there for us.  She is always willing to help, to listen, to offer advice when we ask, and to love us.  I'm grateful and blessed to have her as a Mother-in-law.  She loves me. She loves my children. She obviously loves Randy.  She did a great job raising Randy into the wonderful father and husband that I am blessed to share life with and for that I am eternally grateful.  To have a mother-in-law like her is a blessing.  I hear these horror stories and jokes about mother-in-laws and while they can be funny I am glad that I can not relate.  I am so thankful to have a good Mother-in-law.


Happy Mother's Day Mama and Ruth.  I love you both!

Kim



1 comment:

  1. I love YOU! Your post is very kind! There isn't anything I can think of that brings me more joy than my children and grandchildren. I am blessed indeed! Thank you for your kindness to me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete