Saturday, April 30, 2011

So-so Saturday....

Today had all the makings of a great Saturday.  Clear skies....nowhere to go....nothing we HAD to do....AHHH....I needed a Saturday like this.  I wanted to shop a little, work a little, rest a little, play a little.....

And we did.....sort of

The problem is......the kids woke up fairly whiny....and the Mama (that would be me) woke up slightly grumpy.....perhaps due to the 4 extra children that had migrated to my bed throughout the night....

One kid is not terribly unusual....but 4......that is just not comfy in my Queen sized bed.

So we had a bit of a rough start....but we puttered around the house a bit....Randy tackled my "honey do" list and then we decided to go to Lowe's and get some flowers!!!!  (my early Mother's Day present....because THE GIRL'S birthday is next weekend)

So I did have fun picking out plants/flowers.....I got a Mandavilla, 2 blueberry bushes, a banana pepper plant, a tomato plant, some cilantro, and some parsley.  I am very excited because I want to use all my new pepper/tomato/herb plants to make homemade salsa!  That just sounds fun to me :)

So....

We got home and I fed the, once again whining, kids lunch.  I think because they were sick last week and I spent the week catering to their whims....that they now think that should continue....and guess what?  It's not!  So come lunch time they were placing lunch orders like I was running a restaurant....Seriously?

Well I can assure you that didn't fly and it was hot dogs all around.

ANYWAY....then it was definitely room time so while Randy worked on a paper for school I planted my flowers!!!!  That was fun!

Just as I finished up my super sweet sister-in-law happened by and said my super sweet mother-in-law said that we could pick out outfits for the kiddos and ourselves for a family beach picture and that she would pick up the tab?!!!?  How awesome is that!  So Aunt Rhonda and I took TL, The Twinkie Girl, and The Baby shopping.  We found most everything at Old Navy....and it was all on sale!  FUN!  I had a GREAT time getting to catch up and chat some with Rhonda. We don't get to spend time together nearly enough so that was really nice.

Then....things went downhill.  I got home and I was greeted with more whining, and boys (who shall remain nameless in order to protect their identities) were laying around playing video games (ON TOP OF LAUNDRY THAT NEEDED TO BE FOLDED!!!!! :)  and there was just a mess everywhere.....and I guess I sort of snapped :/

I think I was tired from having a house full of sick kids and a kitchen full of strawberries.....and I went a little bit bonkers!!!


I gave a free speech about how I sure wasn't the only one to mess up the house ......so I don't know why everyone thinks I should be the only one to clean it.....Well children started scattering like flies and I started doing dishes.....as I loaded the dishwasher and thought....I concluded that pretty much everything I said was true....but it was way too intense and way too out of context......and way too random.

So I did apologize for my attitude....but it made it very clear that I did mean what I said....and everyone needed to pitch in.  So they did.

THEN....We got to have a very fun cookout with our neighbors....
We pooled our resources and had a delicious dinner: steak, chicken, southern potatoes, cheesy veggies, salad, strawberry cupcakes, and peanut butter pie....
Thank you for the pie Mama.  We all enjoyed it!  She brought it over on Easter (along with lots of other yummy goodness) and tonight was the perfect time to break it out!!!

The kids played....



Owen serenaded THE BABY....those 2 are a match made in heaven....



And then my Tribe.....went wild!  Whining began.....name calling began.....playing instruments really loudly in peoples ears just to annoy them.....you get the picture!  So....we quickly said goodnight, children were promptly deposited into varies time outs.....and other children were promptly sent off to shower and bathe....

It was definitely time to start getting ready for bed....so after timeouts, talks, I'm sorry's, baths, band-aids, water, hugs and kisses.....they are finally all tucked in and hopefully I am done.....

They fell asleep in about 2 minutes flat.....they were all worn out!  It can't be easy whining as much as they did today!

So here's my plan:
I'm going to take a bubble bath, read a book, and hopefully wake up sweeter in the morning!
Night-
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Goodmorning, sweet girl! Hope you have a great day today with your sweet family. Love you and love your post! Blessings abound!

    ReplyDelete