Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer Time!

It. is. almost. summer. break!

I am a bit EXCITED!!!!  I LOVE summer break!

So.....we finish up school not this Friday, but next and then it is summer!  So all year when I am too busy with school and life to do anything extra I keep a running list of what I want to do come summer.  Now granted this year we have a lot of unknowns in our life so my summer could end up very different then my plans....but my motto is: "if you are trying to get somewhere....you need a plan.  However.....I do not control the world...so I will plan....AND be flexible!"

So my first plan
1. Spend a week at the beach with the Stewart clan and RELAX, ENJOY, PLAY, READ, PUT FEET IN THE OCEAN AND UNWIND!!!!

Then:
I want to spend time each week cross stitching some gifts for Christmas.  I love cross stitching and I haven't done much in the last 5 years and would really like to set aside a little time to enjoy that again.  If that actually happens remains to be seen....but a girl can dream right?

I want to Read....Here is my Summer Reading list:

Fiction:
1984 by George Orwell
Beach Dreams by Trish Perry
A Steadfast Surrender by Nancy Moser
Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry
Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah

Non-Fiction
Longing for More of Jesus My Heart's Cry by Anne Graham Lotz
Chasing Daylight Seize the Power of Every Moment by Erwin McManus
Death by Church Rescuing Jesus from His Followers by Mike Erre
Boundaries When to say Yes, When to Say no To Take Control of Your Life by Drs. Cloud and Townsend
Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Paul Tripp
Boys Should be Boys 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons by Dr. Meeker

I really hope to do some fun stuff this summer with each of the kids individually.....
Andrew-Laser Tag and Race cars at Frankie's
Sophie-get manicure/pedicure together
Jackson-take to the playground by himself
Lydia-go shopping together at Claire's
Audrey-go to the pool alone
I hope to also watch the other kids so Randy has a chance to spend one on one time with each kid.

I also want to do some fun family activities:
Get Ice Cream at Mayfield's Old Country Farm Store
Have Cookouts with our Neighbors
Have outside Movie night with our Neighbors.
Go to the Pool- a lot!
Camp out in the Backyard
Go to a Durham Bull's Baseball Game
Have Ice Cream Waffles.
Go to Pullen (can't spell) park in Raleigh....cause it is just fun!

I also want to do fun stuff with Randy...
Dinner out ALONE, Movie Night (I really want to go to a drive in....I've never been), Get away for our anniversary without the kids!!!!

I want to hang out with friends we don't get to see much with the business of school.  I want to let the kids have sleepovers.  I want to spend time with extended family....just because.  I want to sleep in some days.  I want to stay up late and catch fireflies.....

I want to paint THE GIRL'S Bedside Table and Vanity.....because it is just in Sad shape!  I also want to recover her vanity stool.

I want to clean out the garage.

I want to plan each day of the school year for next year.....because I am psycho!

I do not want all fun and no play.....I want my kids to keep growing and maturing and so I do have some structure and non fun planned too :)

The BOY:
Work on Math, until it is finished!
Continue to work on Spelling strategies :)  (one day you may thank me :)
I also want him to cut the grass each week that he is here.
Have a book going all summer....reading is good!
Practice Guitar.
Go on Mission Trip to Boston.
Participate in Durham Mission.
Go to Youth Camp.
Hang Out with youth group a bunch.
Participate in Swim Team.
Just Be and Enjoy and Work and Learn and Grow!

The GIRL
Finish Math (you are almost done!)
Continue to work on Reading.  (you too will thank me one day)
Start Chapter Books (for children with dyslexia....will get her in the habit of reading for fun and independently)
Go to VBS.
Go to Sports Camp.
Go to Children's Camp
Participate in Swim Team
Help me cook once a week and help me clean once a week.
Play a lot.  Create a lot of awesome art.  Enjoy the sunshine!!!!

Twinkie Boy
Keep working on speech.
Have regular Story time.
Go to VBS
Continue to work on writing full name.
Go to Sports Camp
Play. 
Learn to ride bike without training wheels.
Learn to take out trash.
Learn to unload dishwasher.
Have First Sleepover!
Teach address and phone number

Twinkie Girl
Start teaching her to read.....she is soooooooo excited about learning to read.
Teach her to tie shoes
Teach address and phone number
Go to VBS
Go to Sports Camp
Play.
Learn to ride a bike without training wheels
Learn to take out the trash.
Learn to unload the dishwasher.
Have First Sleepover!

The Baby
Teach her to write her name
Teach her phone number and address
Go to VBS
Go to Sports Camp
Play.
Learn to sort silverware
Learn to fold towels.
Teach her how to pump self on swing.


I love having a plan AND I LOVE SUMMER!!!!
Only two more weeks!
Whooo Hoooo!
Kim

1 comment: