Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vacation....Day 1

What a precious sight to wake up to this morning!
The kids were ready to go from the moment their feet hit the floor.

Sand!

Surf!  I was constantly counting to make sure we had all the kids!

The GIRL loves riding the waves.

THE BOY LOVES the Boogie Board!
The big surprise of the day was GRANDMA Halsey showing up on the beach!
Not only did she walk down to the ocean

But....she got into the ocean!

Grandma Rocks!

Walks in the waves!

This is how we keep up with the rascals....we bury them up to their necks in sand!

TWINKIE BOY Loved playing with Pepaw

After a morning at the beach....we went back to the house for lunch and my kids had "Roomtime"....YES....even at the beach....I am hardcore!
While the kids had roomtime....Randy encouraged me to go to the beach for an hour alone and enjoy myself..
Let's just say he didn't have to ask me twice....This was the view from my chair.

What a WONDERFUL hour!
Ahhhh!
The hour ended and then it was POOL TIME!


Daddy put together a basketball goal....we had to have something for the kids to fight about!

Cousin Tyler!  He's had fun long boarding, biking, riding waves, and playing video games.  Tyler and THE BOY always have a good time together.

TWINKIE GIRL....testing out the hot tub.

THE BABY playing with "her" Belle water toy.  Grammy and Pepaw bought them for the pool and she has not set "hers" down.

Love my sweet boy!
After a while at the pool we decided to head back to the beach for another hour.....more fun digging in the sand.  Caught lots of clams.

Then the kids swam in the pool with Daddy while I made dinner.
We each take a day to cook and clean.  Today was my day.  I made Rigatoni....because it is quick, easy, and feeds a bunch of people.  I served it with bread and a salad.
After dinner we talked while the kids played on the deck.
Then the girls: Grammy, Aunt Rhonda, Aunt Elizabeth, and I went to Khols and Walmart and a few beach stores.....while the Daddy's stayed home and watched movies with the little ones.
We have some crispy critters....we all got a little burnt.  So we slathered up with aloe and tucked everyone in for the night. Getting ready for bed.....and we have the door to our room open so we can hear the ocean.  I LOVE THE BEACH!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. That's so funny that you "count" the kids. I do it too. :)

    ReplyDelete