Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On having lots of kids.

As a mom with several young children, who are almost always out and about with me, I get asked them same questions very often.....so below I've included my honest answers...(.and what I sometimes feel like saying and am almost always thinking) :)

Are they all yours?
Yes.
(no I just borrowed a few extras to make coming to the grocery store more fun)

How do you do it?
I don't....I have a lot of help.

Are you going to have anymore?
No.
*I absolutely do not care when friends and family ask this....but it is strange when someone you never have met asks this*
(haven't I had enough????)

Do you know what causes it?
We are starting to figure it out.
(Yes....and we like it....don't you?)
*I can't believe I just wrote this....but I'm trying to keep it real :)

How can you afford so many?
We can't.
(They really aren't THAT expensive...you don't HAVE to spend thousands of dollars on lessons, stylish clothes, parties, gifts, schools...and they can still grow up happy and well rounded and social.....it IS a choice)

Do you ever get time to yourself?
Occasionally.
(How would we have so many kids if we NEVER got any time to ourselves)

Do you homeschool?
Yes.
(but I homeschooled when I had 1 too.)

Did you plan to have that many?
Yes.
(they didn't come exactly the way I had planned....but we definitely wanted a bunch)

Why on earth would you want so many children?
because they are a blessing and if you train them right they can actually be helpful too.
(all the hugs, all the kisses, all the cuddles, all the chances to send forth arrows to make a difference in the world, all the grandchildren, all the options for people to visit and harrass when we get old...why not?)

At church the most frequent question as of late has been:
Do you care that the Williford's beat you?
Not at all.  I am happy for them.
(I didn't know it was a race....children are a blessing from the Lord and I have been blessed and so have they....it is NOT a game or competition....these are real children, with real souls, and we are real parents and these are our real lives.....believe me....there is a lot more to it then birthing babies...and the Williford's and the Stewart's know that and we have all been so blessed and are all grateful).

I actually don't mind the questions....I ask lots of questions too.  However there are frequent remarks as well...which sometimes are more disturbing....

I'm glad they are yours, not mine.
me too!

You must be worn out.
(I just smile and think....I knew I should have brushed my hair and put on makeup :)


This is just meant to be funny!  I absolutely LOVE having a herd of younguns.....no I don't plan to have anymore.....EVER....but am thrilled with the ones we've been blessed with!

Hope you are having a great week

4 comments: