Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pondering Passages.

So...today is pondering passages day.....

AND

Boy has it been a LOOOONNNGGG day.

My day started around 3:00 am (and unfortunately yesterday ended around 1:00 am....so you do the math!and it = a very sleepy mommy.)

So.....
1.   TWINKIE BOY came down around 3:00 this morning and has been vomiting and diarrheaing about every hour on the hour since then....My house smells NICE!
I have had about 10 loads of laundry......REALLY....and I wasn't really behind.....I did our regular 2 loads and then I had all the sheets and blankets and towels and underwear and pajamas....that fell victim to THE STINKY TWINKIE....and as he finally settled down and seemed to be about ready to drift off he jumped up and ran over to me (I was sitting across the room folding the mountain of laundry....and he threw up all over the clean clothes and me.....YEP!  So...we started over....and the last load is now in the washer....and I have a load in the dryer....and I have folded the other loads and have them very far away from little man.
Aside from laundry I am disinfecting everything he touches, mopping floors repeatedly, washing and sanitizing vomit buckets.....you know all that fun stuff!

and I guess I should be making dinner....but that is the LAST thing on my mind.....hope the kids are in the mood for cereal!


2.  My Papa got admitted to the hospital today :(  he has become very short of breath and has fluid around his lungs....so they are running tests to see if he had a heart attack.  This is not my Granddaddy I blogged about the other day....this is my Mama's Daddy...Papa

He has been healthy as a horse....hasn't even slowed down...so I was very surprised and I am a bit concerned and I so want to go and visit....but I feel like I'm too germ infested to go near anyone that is sick.

UGH!

It is days like today that I am very grateful that I've been pondering passages.  Being able to dwell on truth, when I am so weary I feel my eyes must be propped open, is such a blessing to get me through the day.

I am weak....I am worn out (and grossed out and stressed out) but praise God he is strong.  Praise God he came to give rest to the weary and encouragement to the discouraged and strength to the weak!

I'm not going to do a long pondering passage post.....but just so you can see some of the benefits of pondering passages.....

and if you like me could use a little good news....here's some from this week:

2 Corinthians 5:21
"God made him who had NO SIN to BE SIN FOR US, (WHY?) so that IN HIM we might BECOME the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God."

Now if that isn't enough to turn your day right side round then I don't know what is!

Well it's back to clean up crew for me!
Praying nobody else gets this bug....it has been rough on the little man and praying for Papa.

To see a great post on this weeks pondering check out Shay's

Hoping for a night of rest for us all-
Kim

3 comments:

  1. You're amazing sweet Kim. Hope everyone is well and stays that way very soon! And I pray a good night sleep for you and all your household. Granny & Papa too. Love you sweet one. So good to have truth to hold onto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry things have been incredibly rough today! Hope you can get to bed early tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, lady! You are STRONG and a great mama! Hang in there! Send love/feel better's to lil Jack and the rest of the bunch! PRAYING!

    ReplyDelete