Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pondering Passages...

I have been on a bit of a pondering hiatus.....well not really, just a posting my pondering hiatus.....I think sometimes I get a little TOO excited about things and can be a bit annoying.....so I was trying to give ya'll a break from my annoyingness.....BUT I"M BACK!!!

This week we pondered:

Colossians 3:1-
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

What a great verse.  Over the week I spent the vast majority of my time pondering the scripture verse, which is the first verse.  The focus of the verse seems to be setting my heart on things above.  How?  By setting my mind on things above. 

So....it appears to be an issue of focus. 

Let me tell you....I have often been accused of having laser beam focus.  Here is a funny story.  My Dad showed me a video.  Here is the link if you want to check it out.....However if you are going to check it out do so now....before going on reading this post....because otherwise it will be ruined for you.

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

Okay.....
Guess what?????

I did not see the gorilla....
My neighbors say that sometimes I don't even acknowledge them when I'm outside.  At church I've been known to breeze past people without speaking...WOW!  I am amazed at how much of life I must be missing!  I really don't see or hear or notice these events or people.  Sorry....it is not personal....I PROMISE!

What has my focus? 
My kids.
My house.
Their schooling.
My to-do list.
The next thing....

One slight problem-o....I think the verse said "on things above"  oops......I'm just sayin'!

I have so far to go....So this week my goal is every time the Lord brings this verse to mind.....or this issue to mind.....I am going to consciously set my mind on things above....not on the worries of this world, not on the what ifs, not on my questions, not on my concerns, not on the tasks that are ALWAYS at hand....but on Christ and the things of eternal value.....

Hope you are all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. So... about our conversation earlier today... I guess you know how I'm praying as i set my mind on things above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So every time God brings to mind that verse and you set your mind on things above, can you call me and remind me to do the same?

    What? You're busy? Oh okay, I guess I should study that verse for myself:)

    ReplyDelete