Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Granddaddy

The kids and I got to take some time yesterday to visit with Granddaddy and Grandma.  These are my Dad's parents.  I spent a lot of time with them during my growing up years because they were not only by Dad's mom and dad but they were also my best friend's (and aunt's) mom and dad.  They have a child who is 61 (my dad) and a child who is 34 (Amy) and 3 more in between.

Amy and I grew up more like sisters or close cousins then aunt and niece.

I am so fortunate to have all of my grandparents still alive.  What a blessing.
Grandaddy is getting so frail and I don't know how much longer he'll be here so it was nice to get to visit with him.  It was also sad.  He did know who I was yesterday....but he doesn't always. 

He really was alert this time too.  He seemed so happy to see all the kids.
It just hurts to see him go from so robust and full of life to so frail.  I know it is just part of living in a fallen world but boy....it hurts to see someone you love slipping away.

I must enjoy the precious people God has put in my life while they are here.....even if they have a long life (87 years) it is still but a season!

Thankful for the promise of heaven to those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ!



1 comment:

  1. So glad you could take the kids and visit. Know it made their day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete