Wednesday, December 5, 2012

An Amazing Product

So....life has been BUSY around here!  Coming back from vacation is hard work!!! 

Reality has hit hard and there has just not been a lot of time for blogging!  I jump up around 5:00 and it has seriously been NONSTOP!

To complicate matters my dryer is broken.  Tragic I know!  Praise the Lord I am able to use my Mother-in-laws who lives nearby.  To complicate matters even more Randy and I decided to invite our Home Fellowship group over on Sunday.  The lady who usually hosts is celebrating her birthday and asked if someone else would host.  There was a long pause and then Randy looked at me....and I nodded.  So I'm pretty excited about having everyone over....but I'm not the neatest person in the world so I'm pretty nervous about all the work I have to do!!!

Well....I didn't log on to write about this....the reason I really logged on is to tell you about the most awesome video I found for Sophie.  Sophie has REALLY struggled with memorizing the times tables.  Which is very common for kids with dyslexia.  Sophie understands multiplication.  Sophie can figure out the problems, she just has to count by whatever she is multiplying.  So it takes a long time and it is very frustrating for her.  She just can't memorize them!  We drill them all the time.  Nothing seemed to help.  Rote memory is just really difficult for kids with dyslexia.  So.....I kept researching for ideas and I found it!  It is a video called Times Tales.  If you know anyone who struggles with multiplication RUN  to the store and buy it.  It is genius.  It has taught her to multiply in less then 2 hours by watching a video over two separate days. I've been trying for about 2 years to accomplish the same results! It is unreal.  I am so happy....like crying happy!  It attacks multiplication in a TOTALLY different way.  It makes it memorable and relevant by making it very visual and attaching meaning to multiplication.  It really has changed her life  Not in the salvation sense....but definitely in the day to day sense  YEAH!
I do think it would benefit her to watch it again as review.....but honestly I am amazed!

So why am I telling you this?  Because if you teach or you have a child who struggles with multiplication or you sometimes can't remember a few of the tricky ones.....watch this video!  Save yourself years of frustration.  Your child CAN memorize the multiplication tables and if  you have a left brained child.....this may just be the key!

and no I don't sell this, know anyone who sells it, profit from this in any way.....I just am THRILLED with the results....and of course it was created by moms!  That makes it even better :)


No comments:

Post a Comment