Saturday, December 8, 2012

Deck the Halls

I can't believe it is already Christmas!
We are all decked out!
I love decorating.
I love spending time with families and friends.
Usually I'm really into traditions, events, shopping.
This year I'm not.
I am still excited about Christmas.
I'm just irritated by how commercial it is....really, really irritated.
 
However I'm trying to get in the Christmas spirit so I thought I'd do a little Christmas blog.
I've done like NO Christmas activities this year.....so it's strange. 
BUT I am really enjoying the peace in letting go.
 
One tradition we have and will be continuing this year is decorating cookies and ornaments with the Crabtree cousins....Here are some of our creations from years past:
 
The buttons ornaments
 
Candy Canes

 
Decorate it yourself plastic ornaments

 
Wreaths

 
I love the hand print snowmen we made a few years ago!
 
 
 
There was also the year of tinsel covered jingle bell cups.....thankfully none of mine survived!
They were a MESS!
Sweet memories with our cousins!

Here are a few of my favorite ornaments
 
Matthew's Ornament!
I'm so glad it was stuffed....so it won't break!
We bought it the Christmas I was pregnant with him in anticipation of his first Christmas!
So glad I have this treasure!
 
 
I also love my teacher ornaments!
I know most teachers probably get sick of them because they have so many.....but I only have a few so I really like them!

 
Love these.  A sweet mom of one of my son's friends made them for me a few years ago.
A whole set and each one is different!
Such talent!

 
This is the extent of my sewing skills. 
A felt Christmas pillow I made last year.
 
 
My very favorite decoration is our tree stand.
I got it several years ago at an after Christmas sale for a steal!
It is a PAIN!  But I love it!
 
 
I got this nativity the same year....
 
 
The real reason for the season!
Now that is something to celebrate!
 
 
And of course our advent wreath and our crooked candles! 
 They got a bit beat up in the attic heat!
Oh well...they still work!
 
Hope you all are enjoying this wonderful season!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment