Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Vacation Part 3

So here is a closer look at some of the details of the trip....
The Disney Cruise Oceaneer Club is the BOMB!
The kids would BEG to go back!
They had so much fun!
Jack loved Woody's Room!


 
Lydia LOVED the dance floor!

 
They had air hockey.

 
They had movies.  They played games.  They cooked.  They built volcano's.  They made crafts.
Such a great time!
 
The teenagers had their own cool hangout!
Their own pool.
Tons of electronics.
A DJ class. 
Special off boat excursions.
Andrew met lots of people.  He had a great time.

 
We met ALL the princesses!

 
Love my little piggies!
 
They ate WAY too much ice cream!
 

 
 
They met ALL the characters!
 
 
 
I think that was Audrey's favorite part!

 
Radu spoiled us.  He knew we (Tyler and I) liked lots of ketchup and splenda.
He also knew everybody's drink order by the last night and had our drinks waiting for us.

 
The two little girls and TL got to go to the Bibbity Bobbity Botique!
 
Thank you Grammy and Pepaw!
 
They had so much fun
and they really did look like little princesses!
 
 
They also got to have breakfast in Cinderella's castle!

 
While dining all the princesses stopped by for autographs and pictures!
 
 
What a special time!
The girls looked so pretty.
As we walked around the park the girls were gushed over.
 They were told OVER and OVER and OVER again how pretty they were.
We live in a society that REALLY values beauty.
It was almost as if they were more valued because of how they looked.
 
I want my girls to know that they are beautiful because they are created by a brilliant creator. 
I want them to know that they are valuable because God made them. 
I do not want them to find their identity in how they look. 
 I do not want them to live for the approval of others. 
 
The other thing I noticed was how EVERY little girl looked at them.
Some looked and were happy.  Some looked and were sad.
It made me sad.
I'm so happy my girls got to play princess for the day.
I just wish every single little girl in the world could feel like a princess for just one day!
I really do.
 
But all fairy tales must come to an end!
 
And the aftermath is sometimes a bit messy!
 
 
Love my little princess.
 
 
 
Now as a footnote. 
We spent a week and a half being catered to and spoiled.
And I most certainly do NOT want spoiled children.
So the grandparents did their job and my children (and I) thoroughly enjoyed it.
However....
Now it is time for Mama to do her job.
I have made it my mission to remind them that the world does not revolve around them.
So since we have been home....there has been a lot of school, a lot of cleaning, and lot of extra responsibilities.  We have also spent a lot of thinking of ways to serve others.
It is not about us!
I do not want bratty children.
Beauty really is skin deep but ugly (attitudes) are to the bone!
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Audrey's expression on the picture with Donald Duck. So happy!

    ReplyDelete