Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just Life



Life is slowing down in my neck of the woods and I must admit I am enjoying the change of pace. 
We've had our cheerleading and basketball awards ceremony...which was a lot of fun!
Which also means....no more games on Saturdays or practices on Monday night!!!
The girls got to do a cheer on stage and my little girls LOVED that.  The 2 younguns are NOT shy!


THE GIRL really misses Basketball.  She had a fantastic coach and really seems to have a gift and passion for playing ball...who would have guessed.  She averaged 14 points a game.....and a lot of rebounds, assists, and steals too!


Jackson liked playing basketball too....but he REALLY liked making friends!  He is a people person:


We've ended our year at Odyssey.  Which means no more all day Saturday's or all morning Monday's or all the in-between practices....ahhh....TIME

Will I coach next year?  That is the question!


I want to say...NO
BUT......

The oppurtunity to INVEST hours in your teenage son and his peer group and them WANT to hang out with you.....doesn't come around but so often.  Is there a cost.....YES.....Is it worth it....PROBABLY!

So with all my extra time.....I've been doing SCHOOL....especially PRESCHOOL....it's catch up TIME!
Yes....I do let them sit on the table :)



We've been adjusting to life with a teenager!

We've been watching THE BOY grow way too fast.....He's been on the go.....middle school formals. 
Getting braces....ahhh......tooooooooooo  FAST!

the kids have spent MANY hours out in the backyard.


we've been watching with delight as the daffodils we planted this fall come bursting forth!  LOVE SPRING!

We've been having fashion crisis.....what to wear....one day it's cold and one day it's hot.  TWINKIE BOY may be on to something with this look.

The days are still full but I like the change of pace!

Happy spring!
Kim


2 comments:

  1. Great post Kim. Glad to hear things have slowed down a bit/for a bit. The kids had a great experience with b/ball & cheerleading. Was fun watching them along with odyssey. Do like Jackson's choice of attire! Very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures and update! Wish I could see you in person though! It's been too long in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete