Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hungry

I am worn and spent.
Empty.
Tired.
Hungry....but not for food....just to be filled.

Learning to feel.
Breathe.
Rest.
Feast...on the word....on the truth that will really satisfy.

Struggling.
The road has been long.
It has been slow.
It stretches out long ahead.
Seems impossible.
Too much.  Too far.  Too big.

Yet the voice in my head lies.
Discipline is possible.
Idols can be destroyed.
One day at a time.
One pound at a time.
I don't have to quit just because it is hard.
I can keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I miss my Granny and my Papa.
I want to hug them.
I want to hear their stories.
Questions I didn't ask.
Answers I'll never hear.
Time moves too fast.
Eighty-eight years is not enough.
But cookies can not soothe the ache.
Pasta will not make anything better.
French fries are not going to change the truth.
They are gone. 

Feeling the pain.
Living life anyway.
"I am busy getting stronger."
And I am finding myself on the open road.
"I can't tell if its killing me or making me stronger."
But I do know this.....
No matter how long it takes....
I will get there.

=Kim
"Quotes taken from Pinterest Board"

No comments:

Post a Comment