Monday, April 22, 2013

Another Week

The weeks are flying and by.  Summer is getting close and I am so ready!  After spending last summer doing summer camps, I must admit this girl is looking forward to a summer break!  We may actually get one this year!  We are ahead in math....how that happened....I haven't a clue!


So this week.....was filled with gifts.  My children lavish me with gifts, almost continuously!  I received a beautiful pipe cleaner bracelet and ring set.  I also was the recipient of a dozen love letters and several original paintings.  Lydia made me a hand sewn pillow.  She did such a good job.  I've been given several fresh picked bouquets.  I was even given a hand sculpted paper pet giraffe.  
I am loved.


This week was filled with the normal.  
School.  



Creating.  
Playing



Errands.  Lessons.  Waiting.


It was also filled with complaints.  Sore throats.  Itchy eyes.  Sneezing.  Several of the kids have been struggling with allergies this year.  That is a first for the kiddos.  Randy and I both have issues, but this is the first year the kids have been affected.





 We've also had tummy aches.  Bruised ears.  Stubbed toes.
Not to mention my sore knees!
Grumble. Grumble.


A few highlights:
 Mom treated the kids and I to lunch at Parker and Otis on Friday.


 We all agreed that it was delicious!


I had my run on Saturday!


 Andrew was busy with the youth group having their D-Now.
Randy and I got to help a little Friday night and we enjoyed that.

He also had his homeschool dance last weekend.


 It is hard to get pictures of him these days.  He is always on the go!!!

 Love my boy!

Trying to slow down time.  It's going too fast.

It also held some sadness.
My Aunt Amy announced that she was moving away.  Sniff.
My van conked out on me in the middle of Hillsborough Rd.  Praise the Lord we were not hit!
And...my aunt Linda lost her battle with cancer.  
You just never know what a week will hold.
The normal.  The sad.  The frustrating.  The happy.   The end.

Hmmmm......





2 comments:

  1. I love that you got a paper pet giraffe :) I'll have to request one for mothers day. Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....Love you and miss you too! I ran into Kevin and Troy last week. So good to see them!

    ReplyDelete