Friday, November 9, 2012

Growing Up

So it has kind of hit me lately that I'm in a new phase of parenting.  I call it the middle phase.  My kids aren't mostly big....although Andrew is getting there.....but they aren't mostly small either.  Just a few years ago it was a MAJOR feat to just make it through the day.  It was physically exhausting.  It was draining.  It was depleting.  But now its gotten a bit calmer.  I can really enjoy the kids more.  Now don't get me wrong the days are still long and I still get tired but we've just grown into a new time in our family AND I LIKE IT....A LOT!
It's like the middle of the Oreo.....IT IS GOOD!
 
 
A-D-D MOMENT:
I've noticed that I'm less in a survival mode and more in a training and instructional mode.  I was introduced to an outstanding resource. 
It's by Doorpost and its a book called Instructions in Righteousness.
LOVE!
Big thank you to Christy for sharing this with me!
This is so helpful in training children based on Biblical principals.  GOOD!
 
ANYWAY
 
 
One of my favorite things about this new phase has been lingering around the table.  After meals everyone sits and talks now.  They don't just wolf it down and hop up and run off.  We've had some FANTASTIC conversations around that table lately: gospel centered conversations, sharing testimonies, sharing political thoughts and ideas, just good and important conversations.

 
Andrew just finished his first semester in high school! 
WHAT????
His favorite class without a doubt is Civics. 
He's taking it at co-op.
Stephen Estes is teaching, who is a Poli-Sci graduate from Carolina, so he knows his stuff! 
His least favorite is most likely Math with mom :)
 
 
Sophie is really becoming a young lady.  It is amazing how much she has grown over the last year.  Still sweet.  Still spunky.  God is working in heart and I am really enjoying watching her develop.  She is starting to want to talk on the phone all the time and go to the mall.
Oh MY!
 
 
Sweet Jack.
I love the picture above.  I told him to dress warmly because it was going to be really cold.
He would wear shorts year around if I would let him!
So he came down in snow bibs....
Love my CrAzY boy!
 
 
 And this is Math class......all I can say to all you public school teachers is .....YOU ARE WELCOME...for homeschooling him!
Yes I CONSTANTLY have to tell him to get off the table during math.  I constantly have to remind him what we are doing......He is SUPER sweet....but I promise if he were in your class.....HE WOULD DRIVE YOU CRAZY!
Love MY Boy!
 
And LYDIA!
Showing off her toothless grin!
This is how she does Math!
 
 
She sits.  She smiles.  She listens.
 
Yes..  They really are twins!
 
And Audrey.....she's a mix!
 
 
She stands.....always....NEVER SITS.....but she also smiles and listens!
 
So....I am NOT complaining!
 
Anyway....that's what is happening in our corner of the world.
 
The BIG excitement these days is our upcoming Disney Cruise/Vacation.
THEY (and we) are SOOOOOO excited!
So this week will be BUSY getting everyone packed and ready!
 
Love,
Kim
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment