Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Vacation and The Diet!

 
So.....I left home geared up.  My goal was to come home skinnier then I left.
It all sounded good until I went to Belle's castle.
I mean how often do you go to a castle?
Belle's castle wasn't even supposed to be open yet.  It is scheduled to open in December.  Well they had a "soft opening" the day we were at the Magic Kingdom.
So of course we had to do lunch.
YUMMY!
 
 
The castle, the food, the atmosphere....all spectacular!
 
This little bit of deliciousness.....was as good as it looked.
So, needless to say, tempting food abounded.
And....I did indulge......several times.
BUT I also worked out Every. single. day. almost.
I worked out Thursday before we left home.
I worked out EARLY on Friday morning at the hotel.
I worked out LATE on Saturday night at the next hotel after a day at Sea World
I worked out late on Sunday on the boat.
I worked out Monday on the boat.
I worked out Tuesday on the boat.....and broke my personal best record!!!!
and then Wednesday we got off the boat.  I had EVERY intention of working out at the hotel.
Except.....SURPRISE......there wasn't a workout room.
Sniff.
So that was a definite bummer!
I was concerned that no working out combined with my eating all meals out was going to wreck my weight loss.
 
But before I go on....let me just say.  Working out over the Atlantic Ocean was a thrill!
BEST VIEW EVER!
I'm used to staring at my garage door......so this was quite an upgrade!
I usually work out on the elliptical at home and so I decided to try working out on the bike some for variety.  Whew.  It worked some different muscles! 

 
On this trip I did several things that I normally wouldn't do. 
The biggest reason I was comfortable doing them was because of the weight I've lost. 
The first thing thing I did out of character was that I rode the AquaDuck with Sophie and Lydia.  What is the AquaDuck?
It is a BIG, FUN, clear tube, water slide on the cruise ship!
I had a blast! 
A year ago....I wouldn't have done it because I would have been too self-conscience.
The second thing I did.....I rode on a horse on the carousel with Audrey. instead of standing beside her, and it was fun! 
I had no trouble getting up and down and the horse even survived!
I must say I like being smaller!

 
It is true....Nothing taste as good a losing weight feels!
 
 
So tonight was the night....My moment of truth.....I was nervous!
I knew I had worked hard.  I knew I had tried.  But I also knew I had eaten more then usual.  I didn't work out as much as I had planned.  I had to guess a lot on foods calories because nutritional values weren't available.....
 
So I really had no idea what the results would be.
 
As I was pondering this and planning on how to handle the results regardless of what they were, I decided that I was going to be okay with whatever the results were.
Why?
Because I am not on a diet.  I am destroying the idol of food in my life.
I am taking care of myself.
It is okay to eat yummy chocolate cake....and creamy cheesecake, sometimes.
Just not all the time.
It is okay to not workout everyday.
Just as long as I workout MOST days.
This is my life....this is my forever.  So if I had a "bad" week it was just a bump in the road.
 
 
Well....I'm happy to say that I did lose 2.2 pounds while on vacation!
Whoo....Hoo!!!!
I am one happy girl!
Mission accomplished!
So my grand total is 48.8
so close to 50.....Hopefully next week!
 
 
Just keep swimming!
 
Kim
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! What a suspenseful post...but with a happy ending:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used the word pondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Shay your influence on my life is apparent even in my writings :) Miss you Grandpa and I am going to show up at your house and meet that sweet grandbaby one day soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sister!!
    See...you and I need to get together FOR REAL!! Girl, by God's grace that's my testimony. I'll have to share a link of my testimony.

    ReplyDelete