Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Weight Update

So......Today is the day for my monthly health update.  Things are going well.  Still working out and still eating healthy and still going to Weight Watchers.  Randy is still at it too.  I am now working out on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes 5-6 days a week.  I am burning about 365 calories.  Which is a vast improvement.  I have lost 46.6 pounds!!!!  So that averages out to 2.2 pounds a week! YEAH!  I feel FANTASTIC!  My clothes are getting baggy and I have even "grown out" of several outfits!!!!

Randy has lost 60 pounds!  Yes I did say 60 pounds!  He works out most days.....usually 7 a week.  He burns well over 700 calories per workout.  I think he is up to about 40 minutes now.  He is lookin like a hotty!  He's down 2 jean sizes and 2 shirt sizes!!!!  YEAH RANDY!  So glad we are on this journey together!

So that would be a combined total of.......106.6!  That is a bunch-o-fat!  We just completed our 5th month!  The road ahead is long.....but we have also made a lot of progress!

JUST KEEP SWIMMING!

We are anxious about our upcoming trip and both of us plan to come home thinner!  We are going to focus on all the activities and put less of a focus on all the food!  So if you think about us say a prayer that we will remember our goals.  After all this is a girl who is prone to make food an idol so I have to stay on top of this!  A cruise + paid for food + always available + a food aholic= DANGER!  So.....PRAY for me :)

On another health note: I went to the eye doctor today.  Evidently I have had some substantial deterioration in my eyesight since my last visit.  I was already blind as a bat (like literally 20/425) so this was pretty disappointing to me.  However, I had a great visit and my new prescription is amazing!  I can see leaves on trees across the road when I stand on my front porch.  I haven't seen that well in years!  It's some fancy new contacts!  BUT  the doctor does want to see me back in two weeks to follow up and check on some possible thyroid related issues with my eyes.  My eyes were so inflamed today he thought it was best to let them rest and then do the tests!???!  So please pray for me in that area too.

 I am really trying to take better care of myself and am having to deal with some years of neglect as a result.  So pray that I will stay the course and that I won't believe the lies that I toy with: that taking care of myself is selfish.  There are better uses of my time....etc.  Also pray that there is no serious or permanent damage to my eyes from my thyroid issues. 

Anyways.....Everyone seems to be healthy......and we are holding our breath and counting the days to vacation....I need to stop blogging and go PACK!

 
And this......has nothing to do with my post but I just think he's adorable and haven't posted a picture in a while <3
LOVE SWEET LINCOLN!
We are going to miss him while we are away!
Jackson says we are going to put him in our suitcase and take him with us!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you and your progress! You and Randy look great! I am grateful that your new contacts are just what you need. Now let's both get some glasses!!! I will be praying for you all and your specific requests. Have a wonderful Disney vacation!! I love you Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete